The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Astra the corn - 1st Feed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 07/06/2010 : 19:20:58
Fed astra for the first time yesturday :)
will post some more pics when i get the time, busy busy busy :)

i do have a tank to feed him in to avoid eating woodchip, no one in my house could physically catch him to move him into it, kept darting

Chomp Chomp! he thoroughly enjoyed his dinner

rat pup waved goodbye! meal done.

he constricted instantly, took about 20 minutes for him to actually strike, did once and missed. rattled his tail lots aswel, never had that before

new pics soon, managed to get quite alot :)
what morph if possible, had a few different suggestions, ive got better piccies if its not too clear in these.
xx
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mozacchio Posted - 08/06/2010 : 08:09:12
Nice snakie..!
Lovelyyyyy!
crazy JJ Posted - 08/06/2010 : 00:18:02
n'aww such a cute snakie
jessejamez666 Posted - 07/06/2010 : 22:34:21
Sometimes they rattle there tail as a defence, poss to imitate a rattler. They give warnings before they strike and tail rattling is one of them.
I feed Beetlejuice in his viv,I just put in kitchen roll down so he isn't on the substrate.
Cool pics really nice corn.
HannahB Posted - 07/06/2010 : 21:50:16
possibly a medium or small mouse, have a look for some mice that are roughly the same size or slightly smaller than the weaner rats you have
rats are ok to feed to corns but not as a staple substance - too many can cause a corn to gain too much weight and become a porker, he looks in good shape to me - looks like a big version of my lucien
n/a Posted - 07/06/2010 : 20:01:00
thankyou! :)
we were reccomended that we fed him rat pups, i was a bit uncertain as ive never fed any corn anything other then mice, only got 2 incase it was the wrong idea, was planning on asking if it was not the best thing i thought mice were better.. so what sized mouse do you suggest?
xx
Sta~ple Posted - 07/06/2010 : 19:54:30
Wow very day glow!
n/a Posted - 07/06/2010 : 19:49:27
Looks like an amel to me too
HannahB Posted - 07/06/2010 : 19:48:24
hes nice - id say hes an amel too
can i ask why hes on rat pups? its not a bad thing but generally mice tend to be better for corns because of the lower fat content
herriotfan Posted - 07/06/2010 : 19:41:52
Nice photos. You could try putting some kitchen roll on top of woodchips if you can't catch him! Looks like an amel to me. Whatever morph he's a handsome chap!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000