The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Videos
 proof snakes are to be kept alone

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brookestar Posted - 03/03/2010 : 23:16:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJeqXF2s3U8&NR=1

*title edited by Kehhlyr*
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 05/03/2010 : 12:35:42
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Its clearly not deliberate, though its shows why seperate feeding is needed.

I agree
matty18714 Posted - 04/03/2010 : 18:21:11
Its clearly not deliberate, though its shows why seperate feeding is needed.
Fal Posted - 04/03/2010 : 17:57:39
A guy I know at a store near me has had snakes and lizards for years. He's kept/bread and handled Corns, Pythons, Kings, Milks, Hognoses and Garters and said he's only been bitten once and that was by a garter. He said they're really snappy lil fellas, but he still keeps it on its own and not with others - the guys filming this, intentional or not, don't seem to give two hoots about their snakes :(
n/a Posted - 04/03/2010 : 17:42:04
They shouldnt be allowed to keep snakes
Kehhlyr Posted - 04/03/2010 : 15:20:11
Garters tend to eat fish, amphibians and worms as their main diet because of their size.
The will however also eat small rodents and lizards. Quite a varied diet in comparison to cornsnakes.

They're brilliant but quick little snakes.
hiper2009 Posted - 04/03/2010 : 13:42:35
Very nice video but why do they eat fish and not mice ?
Kehhlyr Posted - 04/03/2010 : 13:29:03
It's a good vid that, but in my opinion something that's a difficult one to judge.
I don't think it was intentional, in fact you can see how it happened, but also if it was intentional I would've thought that the camera would've followed the snakes better than it did.
Garters are also a totally different kind of snake and reactions and instincts are different too, brilliant snake but can be barmy as hell.

This has the ability to turn into a bloody good thread, lets keep it going.
n/a Posted - 04/03/2010 : 08:11:38
shoot the owner nah i dont think people like that deserve pets at all they have no regard for the animals health etc
paul
n/a Posted - 04/03/2010 : 07:51:56
i cannot believe he stood there and kept filming whils't it happened!!!! deffo deliberatly done, some people should not be allowed animals.
Stumpy Posted - 04/03/2010 : 02:52:24
I think that shows a total disregard for the upkeep of the snakes.
Kellog Posted - 04/03/2010 : 02:47:51
That was amazing to watch Brookestar, and certainly shows that in those circumstances snakes should not be kept together. Unfortunately it doesnt show why corns shouldnt be co-habited as it explains the behaviour away as the snake getting the smell of goldfish on its head and therefore becoming the 'prey' to the other snake. Not something that happens with corns.

I wonder if this was done on purpose....unfortunately it looks to me like it was. And unfortunately I think that those snakes are probably still being kept together, just not fed together.

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000