The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Videos
 Omg Is This Real ???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 01/10/2009 : 19:29:20
I saw this *------* up vid of this baby getting bitten by a king cobra its soo messed up i cant belive it ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Owk1bh7o_E&feature=channel
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 13/12/2009 : 01:54:21
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Things like this are mainly a social opinion, which varies greatly from culture to culture.
In Vietnam for example, you can still buy fresh dog to eat. However that's frowned upon over here.
In India, you can stitch a snakes mouth up and use it for entertainment. That's frowned upon here.
In some parts of China if you show the bare soles of your feet you will be subject to a tirade of abuse for it. So wearing thongs and putting your foot up on your knee would be a no-no. No one minds that over here.

Like I said, it's a social acceptance thing. Because of that it can be difficult to put an accurate stand on it.
I myself have been brought up using a varied culture, so unfortunately things like that don't bother me. It's just how they are.

If you don't like that, I wouldn't do any research on proper snake 'charmers'.

It's true, I mean look at the things we see in the UK that make the news when it's a slow week, fox huntings always a big one and there's even people around london who train there dogs to fight in the street which normally ends up with the dog being scared for life or even dead.

Seems you don't have to go far to find defferences in social acceptance.
Kehhlyr Posted - 11/11/2009 : 13:24:34
Things like this are mainly a social opinion, which varies greatly from culture to culture.
In Vietnam for example, you can still buy fresh dog to eat. However that's frowned upon over here.
In India, you can stitch a snakes mouth up and use it for entertainment. That's frowned upon here.
In some parts of China if you show the bare soles of your feet you will be subject to a tirade of abuse for it. So wearing thongs and putting your foot up on your knee would be a no-no. No one minds that over here.

Like I said, it's a social acceptance thing. Because of that it can be difficult to put an accurate stand on it.
I myself have been brought up using a varied culture, so unfortunately things like that don't bother me. It's just how they are.

If you don't like that, I wouldn't do any research on proper snake 'charmers'.
n/a Posted - 11/11/2009 : 12:04:11
ahhh so the baby won't be strangled, still not my idea of fun! lol
x
matty18714 Posted - 10/11/2009 : 16:34:17
quote:
Originally posted by MissyBats

that snake can still constrict though?

It can hold on to things like any other snake, but its venomous, so wont use contstriction to kill prey or threats.
n/a Posted - 10/11/2009 : 14:19:04
that was bad, I don't get how they can find that amusement... that snake can still constrict though? it started to at the end?
and god knows what they do to it after...
n/a Posted - 24/10/2009 : 20:31:19
Had to have it's mouth sewn. It would have had it open hissing and showing it's fangs if it didn't.
If you want to see how cruel some countries can be to animals then take a look at the PETA website and look at the undercover vids taken at fur farms. But be warned they are truely disturbing.
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/10/2009 : 14:25:34
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2

I saw a similar video on the documentary channel on sky about a young child teasing a King Cobra in India, but the cobra in the documentary had its venom fangs removed and posed no danger to anyone. I personally find it very sad that these animals are treated in such a manner for peoples amusement.

Personaly its crulity to animals and these ppl should know better how would they like it if we sewed there mouths shut and fed them to a lion or something

I agree Hiper, the cruelty shown to animals the world over is very sad.
hiper2009 Posted - 12/10/2009 : 22:12:37
quote:
Originally posted by Alan2

I saw a similar video on the documentary channel on sky about a young child teasing a King Cobra in India, but the cobra in the documentary had its venom fangs removed and posed no danger to anyone. I personally find it very sad that these animals are treated in such a manner for peoples amusement.

Personaly its crulity to animals and these ppl should know better how would they like it if we sewed there mouths shut and fed them to a lion or something
n/a Posted - 08/10/2009 : 15:32:46
kizzig Posted - 04/10/2009 : 15:05:54
There's no need for sewing their mouths shut! It's like people who dock their dogs or horses tails or declaw their cats... If the animal has a quality that you don't like, don't have it!
lucifer Posted - 04/10/2009 : 13:04:54
Although I respect a lot of cultures in this world and have a tolerance for rituals involving animals I find it hard to watch stuff like this if there is chance of permanent damage to the animal and its ability to live a normal life.
matty18714 Posted - 04/10/2009 : 11:24:31
The head is pinned so it can be picked up and controlled.
Kellog Posted - 04/10/2009 : 11:20:25
How do they manage to control the cobra to sew its mouth shut??? xxx
matty18714 Posted - 04/10/2009 : 11:09:13
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

quote:

It does have it's mouth sewn shut.
My dad was born and bred in India (hence why I know what snake curry tastes like), apparently a lot of snakes had a wire sewn from the bottom jaw looped through the top then down again. It's done to several snakes in some places. Bizarre reasons why sometimes as well.

Oh But then how does the snake drink and eat ? and why would they not just remove the fangs ? This ppl are thick as mongral

The stiches may be removed, or it might be left without as it will live for a long time anyway.

Removing the fangs is a short term fix because they grow back. Also its possible for the snake to still release venom without the fangs.
n/a Posted - 03/10/2009 : 22:12:04
Poor snake and child, how irresponsible of the owners/parents.
hiper2009 Posted - 02/10/2009 : 13:39:41
quote:

My dad was born and bred in India (hence why I know what snake curry tastes like), apparently a lot of snakes had a wire sewn from the bottom jaw looped through the top then down again. It's done to several snakes in some places. Bizarre reasons why sometimes as well.

Oh But then how does the snake drink and eat ? and why would they not just remove the fangs ? This ppl are thick as mongral
Kehhlyr Posted - 02/10/2009 : 04:01:23
Kellog Posted - 02/10/2009 : 03:46:10
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

The snake has its mouth sewn.

Is that a known fact Matty or are you guessing? It is the only conclusion I can come too and the whole set up is so wrong! But unfortunately it is done regularly in India - supposed cobra taming. xxx
hiper2009 Posted - 01/10/2009 : 20:01:07
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

So how does the snake eat ? thats crulty to animals thats messed up dude ....
matty18714 Posted - 01/10/2009 : 19:38:38

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000