The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Videos
 Karmas recent feed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Loopholes Posted - 16/10/2011 : 20:23:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjJN1LIt-Jo
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 17/10/2011 : 15:47:16
Cute little snake, good feeder. As above though think proportionate when feeding as to how much wiggle you can give, would a pinkie mouse if it was alive be able to drag the snake by its mouth across a tub. I find holding the mouse by the tail with the tongs give the snake much less chance of hitting the tongs when they strike and also once they have a hold of the mouse a TINY wiggle as if its struggling can trigger a constriction and remember their teeth face backwards so when you pull the teeth dig in deeper and then either the mouse skin has to give way or their teeth will.
a33272 Posted - 17/10/2011 : 14:09:22
moving a pray around slightly is ok while snake has it is also away to encourage constriction behaviour as it mimics the struggling from a live pray. it just has to be done with care an caution.
Loopholes Posted - 17/10/2011 : 13:55:26
Thanks for that advice will take that on board for sure greatly appreciated
tordyjo Posted - 17/10/2011 : 09:35:27
she's a beautiful snake but i'm sorry i think it was cruel to get hold of the mouse once she already had it in her mouth, i certainly wouldn't be happy if someone tried to start and take my dinner out of my mouth or hand - which in effect thats what it was, she's got a good stike response don't think she needs any teasing, you also need to be careful pulling the mouse back once its in her mouth incase you damage her little teeth.
Loopholes Posted - 16/10/2011 : 21:56:25
was teasing her a little thats all
scottishbluebird Posted - 16/10/2011 : 21:37:52
why did you pull the mouse back?, Karma was moving to the head

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000