The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Videos
 Nimbus eating fuzzy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Invalid User Posted - 14/12/2010 : 23:06:36
Just a short clip of Nimbus eating his first fuzzy since we got him.

He ate it very quickly and finished it about 40 seconds after I stopped filming. Do you think I should feed him 2 next time or move him up to the next size? He didn't seem to have much of a lump after eating.

http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff471/CodyBoo2/?action=view¤t=DSCF5475.mp4
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 15/12/2010 : 12:14:16
Aww bless him,thats so cute. My snakes didn't like to have their food from forceps to begin with,but now they are fed in a shallower tub they enjoy chasing their fuzzies around lol.
Can't blame Nimbus for wanting a warm meal
Invalid User Posted - 15/12/2010 : 11:17:24
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

I've never heard of crawlers either!!
Nimbus certainly looked like he enjoyed his meal I have to say. He really goes for it doesn't he
I'm going to try Loki with a fuzzie and a pinkie today as he's not got much of a bump anymore and I have 3 pinkies left.

We held the fuzzy with tweezers first and he was terrified of it wobbling about lol

I warmed it up a little with warm water and then put in in the tub with him and he went straight for it and gobbled it up.

Seems he likes his food warm and still
Invalid User Posted - 15/12/2010 : 11:12:33
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Where I get mine from they call them crawlers. It will be interesting to see if you get any other answers of what other places call them!

Look in the search at the topic 'mouse size photos' that will help! If I knew how to link I'd have posted it for you but I don't so you'll have to do the search!!

Got it, thanks, here's the link

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2622&SearchTerms=mouse,size,photos

Looking at the pic on that thread, the fuzzy looked quite big. I did think that the ones I have are not much bigger than pinkies. I migth see if I can get larger fuzzies for Nimbus. Until then I think i will try feeding 2 of the fuzzies I have here.
Mort13 Posted - 15/12/2010 : 10:47:39
I've never heard of crawlers either!!
Nimbus certainly looked like he enjoyed his meal I have to say. He really goes for it doesn't he
I'm going to try Loki with a fuzzie and a pinkie today as he's not got much of a bump anymore and I have 3 pinkies left.
herriotfan Posted - 15/12/2010 : 10:38:10
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

Ooo, never heard of them before! lol

Look up the search I edited into my last post!
Invalid User Posted - 15/12/2010 : 10:36:05
Ooo, never heard of them before! lol
herriotfan Posted - 15/12/2010 : 10:30:56
Where I get mine from they call them crawlers. It will be interesting to see if you get any other answers of what other places call them!

Look in the search at the topic 'mouse size photos' that will help! If I knew how to link I'd have posted it for you but I don't so you'll have to do the search!!
Invalid User Posted - 15/12/2010 : 10:16:57
So what is the next size up from a fuzzy?
herriotfan Posted - 15/12/2010 : 09:34:52
You could give him two fuzzies at each meal until the ones you have are used up then move him up a size.
Rats are more fattening for snakes, I think that's why some people won't use them.
Invalid User Posted - 15/12/2010 : 07:31:28
Funny you should say that, the shop did say he had been having rat pups. I didn't know they were bigger,doh!

I may well put him onto them for a while.
mikeyd_26 Posted - 15/12/2010 : 01:01:33
when mine started 2 munch a fuzzy quickly i put her on 1 small rat pup every 8 days as small mice were just a bit 2 big didnt do her any harm infact she had a healthy growth spurt! although opinions do vary on feeding rats to corns! id personnaly have no probs doing it again!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000