The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Videos
 Arnolds second feed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wagner1966 Posted - 06/11/2010 : 17:34:07
Our first attempt at using a camcorder - this is Arnolds second feed since he moved in - sorry about the poor camera work.

Would value any opinions as to the size of his feed - last weeks was far too small but hopefully got it about right this time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-adkgew2CU

ben
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 07/11/2010 : 21:28:34
Heh,heh he's a cutie. Good fast strike,mine just saunter along dead chilled out.
I got some cheap Smart Price tubs from Asda,just the job for feeding
drchino Posted - 07/11/2010 : 19:45:20
Cute snake :) Nice vid!
lotabob Posted - 07/11/2010 : 13:34:54
If he appears a slightly different colour and is been cranky its quite likely a shed is on its way.

I would be cautious about feeding in the viv, if they associate you, the viv and food together your more likley to get an aggresive snake and a bitten hand. Really any clean tub is fine to feed them in, I use the tiny box I used to bring him home, its only a bit bigger than a butter tub. It may be worth while investing in a tub, I have seen small plastic tubs with lids in Tesco for £2.50 (I bought one but haven't got round to popping air holes, sterilising etc), its a small price to keep your hand bite free. Golden rule is snake to food not food to snake.
wagner1966 Posted - 07/11/2010 : 08:58:22
I was a bit worried about the substrate and kept a close eye on him. Problem is we only have one spare tub at the minute and, having two little fellows it was otherwise engaged - will probably feed them both out of the viv next time.
He's been very stroppy since the second feed - we left him 48 hours before we tried to pick him up but got one hell off a tale 'rattle' - he still seems a bit grouchy even after 4 days - not sure if he is about to shed as he looks a little lighter than we remember him!
lotabob Posted - 06/11/2010 : 20:09:47
Yeah nice strike but I second the not on substrate point. If the snake accidentally swallows a piece of substrate it will block his gut and will cost you a fortune at the vets, either put kitchen roll down or even put him in another smaller tub to feed in, it will help avoid aggresive responses in their normal housing too.
herriotfan Posted - 06/11/2010 : 17:47:53
Do you plan on feeding him on his substrate all the time? I'd put some kitchen roll down first so he won't pick up any substrate with the mouse.
That size looks ok. It won't be long before he'll need moving up though. Start by giving him two of that size for a couple of feeds. If he's ok with that then move up a size after that.
He did a good strike!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000