The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Dead/shrivelled scales

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mouse Posted - 24/05/2010 : 11:41:45
Righty, Sprockett has got 2 scales that have gone dry, and shrivelled. The vet suggested iodene, but figured I'd ask on here incase anyone has had anything similar?

*Pics will be posted when I get home, as I don't have them with me!*
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mouse Posted - 24/05/2010 : 19:44:54
cool, no worries, double checking stuff is always a good plan! :D
Sta~ple Posted - 24/05/2010 : 19:04:58
Fat snakes have shriveled damaged scales although it's normally like a band of scales that get damaged.

My female also has some kinda "shrivelled" scales but I think that's due to her having lid eggs, lost a lot of weight as she is a problem feeder and suddenly stacking the weight she should be back on.

Although on the pictures your have it looks like one scale in an random area so it's probably as Kehhlyr said.

I'm sorry if I worried you T.T I couldn't see the damage ones in the picture to start with!
Mouse Posted - 24/05/2010 : 18:57:54
as in fat? nope. She's just over 5 ft (I think, if not a bit longer) and 0.456 g when i weighed her on the 21st, and she's rather gravid (she's double clutched).

(she was .410 g after laying on the 22/4 and one feed.)

Why?
Sta~ple Posted - 24/05/2010 : 18:19:30
Not to be rude, is it a large snake?
Mouse Posted - 24/05/2010 : 18:15:44
yup, like they had had all the moisture taken out, or a scab.
I'll stop fretting!
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/05/2010 : 17:54:39
I've had the exact same thing on my snow in the past and never did quite figure out what it was. The hissle had LOADS on him when I got him and it was the same with him, never did figure it out.

They did go after a couple of sheds (about 5 for hissle), I came to the conclusion that they had both damaged themselves or had been slightly damaged somehow, possibly catching them when trying to move backwards through something. A bit like catching your fingernail I suppose.
I never noticed any kind of wound under or around them, they just looked as if they had been singed.
Mouse Posted - 24/05/2010 : 16:22:30

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000