The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 About to Shed? :x

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ashcrack Posted - 19/05/2010 : 11:21:01
Just had a look in my snakes vivarium he's an amelanistic but his colours faded and he's turned abit grey, this is my first snake so I don't know if he's in shed or what.

Thanks
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 23/05/2010 : 18:30:48
nice to here he shed in one piece apart from the tail and good to hear that you managed to get it off.
Ashcrack Posted - 23/05/2010 : 11:46:33
Just thought i'd post an update, he did shed and it all came off in a big slither except for the end of his tail(I checked the shed, his eye.. bits came off with the main piece), I soaked him in the bath for 5 minutes and it came off by itself. :) I'll get pics up sometime next week. Cheers
n/a Posted - 20/05/2010 : 13:27:05
My daughter's amel has just gone a duller colour too - looks like he's been rolling around in dust. Quite looking forward to watching the shedding process for the first time. :-)
Ashcrack Posted - 19/05/2010 : 12:16:18
I've had him 3 weeks now, he's 18 inches, didn't ask how old he was when I bought him though, i'll get some pics when I get my camera back, sister borrowed it for her school trip to paris.
Kehhlyr Posted - 19/05/2010 : 12:09:55
How long you had the snake?

Drop into the intros section and introduce yourself as well.

*cough* pics *cough*
Ashcrack Posted - 19/05/2010 : 12:01:57
Thanks alot, I always get nervous with new pets I was the same with my beardie ^^
Kehhlyr Posted - 19/05/2010 : 11:47:28
Most certainly sounds like he's gone into shed.
Some snakes don't appreciate being handled or fed during 'blue-eye' as they're practically blind, so you may want to hold off a feed until the shed is over as it's your first snake, or minimise handling until he's shed.

You'll find that he'll clear up suddenly as well and look nearly normal, that happens usually a day or 2 before he actually slithers out of his skin and all being well you'll have a lovely complete skin and a nice new shiny snake.

Have a search for 'shedding' in the search bar at the top, it should provide you with lots of hints and pointers to aid his shed as well.

And Hello and welcome to the forum.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000