The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lydia Posted - 17/05/2010 : 12:43:59
My son bought his snake 2 months ago and it looks really healthy but about 3 weeks ago it looked like it was starting to shed but nothing has advanced in that time. His eyes and head look clear, but about an inch from its head the skin looks sort of tattered and coming off in bits. Not alot but enough to worry me. This is our first snake by the way.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 17/05/2010 : 19:44:41
I would say he's about a year old then ^^ If a wet towel and hide don't work you may need to bathe him but that's eally as a last resort.
lydia Posted - 17/05/2010 : 18:02:32
Hes young, not sure how old. Was bred from a pair in our local shop. About 2ft in total. Tiny compared to our garter. Cant seem to add a pic unfortunately, but I might be being thick!
Sta~ple Posted - 17/05/2010 : 14:09:53
Misting daily is normally only really done when showing signs of shedding as when done too much it can cause R.I. It all sounds fine apart from that though. How old is the snake if you know?

Hode he also have two hides? One at the hot and one at the cold? It might be worth buy/making a coconut hide if he's little or a buying a cork/wooden one (kinda like this)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Zoo-Med-HABBA-HUT-Large-Vivarium-Reptile-Snake-Hide-/290357984721?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&hash=item439aaf3dd1#ht_500wt_956

so he has an extra option of what to shed on although saying that, some still choose to try and use the floor, water bowel or the walls in order to shed!
lydia Posted - 17/05/2010 : 13:38:12
I'll try the towel thing tonight. For the future though, in his tank there are a few roughish stones making a hide, a branch and he has a large dish of water all the time, plus I mist daily. That ok?
Sta~ple Posted - 17/05/2010 : 13:25:20
Could you get a picture? It sounds like he has had some trouble shedding. Try buying some moss, damping t and put it in it's hide although id it started to shed 3 weeks ago I personally think you should run the little snakey run through a damp towel several times to see if it comes off if your not going to be able to get hold of some moss soon.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000