The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 sneezing or hissing??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/04/2010 : 16:49:47
k so this maybe a little dumb on my part but i just got a corn snake from someone i work with and he is making a weird sound kinda hissing sneezeing kinda noise, he mainly did it in his feeding tank that i used to move him in.should i be conserned? or is he ****ed off at me? or what? please help
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 05/05/2010 : 17:28:40
That's sounds kinda bad :( I would have him to a vet quickly :/
Mouse Posted - 05/05/2010 : 00:14:43
am used to that sneezing, this is gurgly and asthmatic. he sounds like a 40 a day smoker :S

He sounds like he's having an asthma attack when he gets going, and is panting.

Nope, not due for a shed yet.

He's also rubbing his head on any edge or rough surface (not in a shed way). it's the same kinda thing as when i get a cold and get itchy eustation tubes (in ear).(duno if snakes have them).

What i could see in his mouth, it looked dark red. not being a vet i dunno if that makes a difference. His face looks a little swollen too.
Sta~ple Posted - 04/05/2010 : 16:04:01
Mine make funny sneezy noises at me when they strike, fake strike, finish feeding, have a drink or they are in a dusty kinda area. Is his mouth open most of the time at all?
punumbear Posted - 04/05/2010 : 13:08:11
is it due for a shed as i find when mine are ready they sneeze due to the skin in their nostrils drying out ready to come off..
Mouse Posted - 04/05/2010 : 12:17:55
(sorry to steal the thread)
Gobo sounds like he has very bad asthma, his breathing is all crackly and poppy, and he wouldn't eat his large mouse, so I gave him 2 fuzzies, which he ate very gingerly.

I took him to the vet last week, but he said his mouth is a good colour, and no discharge, so see how he goes.

I'm gonna call the vet again today and get him to check again, but am quite worried
HannahB Posted - 27/04/2010 : 18:56:19
is it like a wheezy breathing sound or does it happen when you go near him or interact with him?
DannyBrown91 Posted - 27/04/2010 : 17:33:04
They often his and rattle their tail as a defense, he may see you as a threat. Is it a young corn snake?
mozacchio Posted - 27/04/2010 : 16:54:43
I think there is nothing to worry about.
Here is a topic about that!
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8675&SearchTerms=sneezing

Electra

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000