The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Daily poo,s

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stoney2143 Posted - 20/04/2010 : 09:55:12
Ive had my corn almost a week now and have noticed that he poos every day, im not worried just wondering if this is normal really as ive read other peoples posts who talk about every couple of days.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 20/04/2010 : 19:18:20
I have a shoelace that is pooing nearly every day too since she... well hatched lol. Nothing seems to be wrong with her as far as I can tell, maybe they just process the food faster than other snakies?
Mouse Posted - 20/04/2010 : 12:35:12
My girl went through that when she was a shoelace, but it calmed down as she settled in. I can't say if it's medical or not, as am not a vet, but maybe it's just nerves at moving in.

Hope He settles down quickly for you.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/04/2010 : 11:58:12
He should be left too settle for 7days, not 5, then feed him and leave him another 2 days.

Yes the poos sound normal, the reason i asked if he was drinking alot is beacasue the yellow bits in the poo are urates, the more he drinks the more he needs to pee.

It is strange that he is pooing so often though. Maybe another more experienced member may be able to shed some light on the situation.
stoney2143 Posted - 20/04/2010 : 10:38:39
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Mine tend to poo around once a week normly 2-3 days after feeding.

How often do you feed your snake? Have you noticed that your snake drinks alot?

Ive only fed him once since i had him the pet shop said he was fed last tue ( i bought him on wed ) and told me he will be due on sunday.

I hav'nt noticed him drinking a lot as he is still in his 5 day settling in period and stays in the hide most of the day, but i know hes out during the night as there is a new poo and his bowl ares is wet telling me he is drinking fine.

The poo hes doing looks like bird poo, is that normal for a baby snake?
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/04/2010 : 10:17:40
Mine tend to poo around once a week normly 2-3 days after feeding.

How often do you feed your snake? Have you noticed that your snake drinks alot?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000