The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 How are they still pooping?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sta~ple Posted - 17/04/2010 : 22:18:16
Hatchling's that still haven't eaten after being 7 weeks old are still pooing. Not that often but they still are. How is this possible?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 23/04/2010 : 14:28:30
Ah it's only the little ones doing that :) they have plastic drink bottle tops to drink from since they are little but the ones that are eating and growing are a bit heavier now so tip them over and somehow seem to do this most often while pooing. I guess they are trying to poo in their water but tip it over somehow even though it is stuck down.

I found that for my adults that they can't tip over ceramic dog bowls although I do really need to find a bigger one now for Mr.Venom since the one he has right now is too small so he can't soak himself in it.
Mouse Posted - 23/04/2010 : 13:35:02
*Has thought on buiding a viv with a built in section for a water bowl to stop the 'tipping it everywhere' habit*
Sta~ple Posted - 23/04/2010 : 12:09:16
Ew that sounds lovely Kellog XD yes pooing does often make them feel more hungry I just wish it were the same for the little ones.

I can't believe it though, one hatchling poos nearly everyday. I clean him out this morning as he had pooped and spilt over his water and then half an hour later there was another poo and he spilt his water over again... grr.
Mouse Posted - 23/04/2010 : 10:06:10
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. we always keep a RUB box lid handy incase one of them decides poo time while they're out, then we have a 'container' that's easily cleanable!
Kellog Posted - 23/04/2010 : 04:18:26
Returning to the original topic (insted of bad grammer and spelin ).....I cant help you about your hatchling that seems to poo and have no lump a day after it's eaten, but I just wanted to add that Kellog hasnt eaten since 26th March, so nearly a month and didnt poo after that....until a few days ago when my OH was in charge of him. Then he let rip with a massive poo that went all the way up the corner of the sofa side and sofa back, dripped down the side of the sofa cushions.....I couldnt believe it when I saw it and my OH hit the roof (the fact that he was in charge and that he should have been watching him and that snakes are not house-trained seemed to have slipped his mind ). But it means he must have retained that for nearly a month before letting it loose....I am hoping this means he might eat next time he is due a feed (checks diary - actually today!) as he is definitely acting less horny.

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 18/04/2010 : 23:34:39
The reason I jumped on about the spelling was purely because some time ago we had an issue with someones spelling and they took a lot of offense when it was pointed out to them and occasionally pops up from time to time and I wasn't going to sit and watch, just in case it did turn grotty.

Anyways, the issue of the spellings is hopefully over now (*puts uniform back in cupboard*) so we'll return to the original topic now.

DannyBrown91 Posted - 18/04/2010 : 22:22:00
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

DannyBrown91, does spelling really make any odds?
I think we've covered peoples spelling in several previous threads and the general consensus is that so long as it's understandable, then what's the issue?
I've seen (and used) words like 'aint' and 'coz' on here which are not correct spellings or collins defined words, and we also get people using the number 2 and 4 instead of the words.
We're here for fun, not to be grammar pedants.

If you really want us to be, then why don't you check the spelling in your sig??

/edit
Just noticed your post as well Gmac, you must've posted as I was typing this.

No it dosn't make any odds, as staple said i was just pointing it out to be helpfull. I didn't realise it was such a sore subject, my bad.

Edit - Just out of curiosity what is worng with the spelling in my sig?

Dosn't matter, found it.
Sta~ple Posted - 18/04/2010 : 21:14:10
Lol you guys make him seem like a grammar Nazi, I think he was just pointing it out to be helpful that's all :)

Get to try feeding them on Tuesday so just got to hope they will eat and eventually poo because they have eaten.

I have another question. I have one hatchling that seems to poo and have no lump a day after it's eaten. The others seems to poo 2 or 3 days after. He is absorbing the goodness from the mouse alright as surely pooing a day after eating would mean that he isn't or he seems to digest's things very fast.
Kehhlyr Posted - 18/04/2010 : 20:09:01
DannyBrown91, does spelling really make any odds?
I think we've covered peoples spelling in several previous threads and the general consensus is that so long as it's understandable, then what's the issue?
I've seen (and used) words like 'aint' and 'coz' on here which are not correct spellings or collins defined words, and we also get people using the number 2 and 4 instead of the words.
We're here for fun, not to be grammar pedants.

If you really want us to be, then why don't you check the spelling in your sig??

/edit
Just noticed your post as well Gmac, you must've posted as I was typing this.
gmac Posted - 18/04/2010 : 20:08:55
I agree with Danny so long as they are drinking, the urates will still have to be discharged

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Kittycat - California is spelt wrong in your sig

Danny we’ve been here before with the spelling and the grammar nonsense, If it is easily understood what is the problem really, so long as its not text speak or in upper case. Just don’t fancy the forum turning into English class for something really trivial.
HannahB Posted - 18/04/2010 : 18:07:30
my aura did that..and tbh got no idea what it was, i just assumed she had totally used up all the egg nutrients she could and was getting rid of the left overs
Sta~ple Posted - 18/04/2010 : 17:52:15
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

As kittykat has said they may still have some nutrients from the egg but will still be producing urates which come out when they poo, its the green'y/yellowy stuff so even if there isn't much food waste they still have to go.

Edit -

That's the thing, the poop isn't green like when the first hatched, it's normal poo coloured.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 18/04/2010 : 17:34:46
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

haha, lol danny, you get so picky

You think thats picky, the last "amazing" in your sig should have a capital "A", lol.
reptiledanny Posted - 18/04/2010 : 17:10:43
haha, lol danny, you get so picky
DannyBrown91 Posted - 18/04/2010 : 17:00:10
As kittykat has said they may still have some nutrients from the egg but will still be producing urates which come out when they poo, its the green'y/yellowy stuff so even if there isn't much food waste they still have to go.

Edit -

KITTYCAT Posted - 18/04/2010 : 16:54:51
my hatchling did that aswell, its all the nutrients that they were getting from inside the egg thats what they are surviving on just now. Hope you manage to get them to eat soon, my diesel is 8mths now n still being force fed n only about 2inches bigger than when he hatched

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000