The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Casper acting weird

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KITTYCAT Posted - 10/04/2010 : 15:19:16
Hi my snow casper hasnt eatin since 19th March she is active enough the thing is i have tried to feed her and she seems intrested at first but tries to bite the mouse side ways then lets go and looses intrest she is about 2n half years old she has never acted like this b4 any ideas?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KITTYCAT Posted - 10/05/2010 : 16:39:17
Sorry guys not been on much for a while .Casper did eventually eat a mouse but she is on hunger strike again she doesnt seem to be loosing weight im guessing she just wants a few weeks between feeds. I am thinking of getting a new stat as im not convinced this one is working right as i have it now at 25 degrees yet the inside digtal themometer fluctuates between 25-32 more often the higher side
Mouse Posted - 10/05/2010 : 10:29:23
most snakes should be coming out of it, but "How long is a piece of string?!". Every snake is different.

If she's lost weight, then try braining/gutting. (I'd suggest reptiboost in the water to help keep her healthy while not eating.)

hillzi Posted - 09/05/2010 : 21:44:59
My male did this hes about 6, I wiggled Stuart he bit on, but then let go and promptly managed to bury him under the chippings...

Must be a little horny, might be worth getting i probed.

Snakes can go ages without food, nothing to worry about unless he starts losing weight drastically.

Welcome to the forum too! :D
angelhope Posted - 09/05/2010 : 21:17:57
i am so glad i have just read through these messages. .i had no idea about the mateing season and have been worrying about my 2yr old corn snake who hasnt fed for 3 wks but is very active. .didnt realise he was wanting a lady friend!! . .thanks 2 u all,i feel lots better now!
KITTYCAT Posted - 11/04/2010 : 09:55:49
I know that she is a she because she layed eggs last year.Befoe anyone says she was too young it was an accident we were told that the snakes were the same sex when we got them they were seperated as soon as this happend.
Sta~ple Posted - 11/04/2010 : 00:24:51
My girl used to do this. The only way I got her to eat was to put her in a RUB and leave her for ages in the dark or I had to wiggle the food about. I have no idea why though but she doesn't do it anymore. If your looking at her while she's eating it maybe putting her off eating.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 10/04/2010 : 23:15:57
im not totally sure, a breeder would know for certain, there is another topic in the health section of another snake whos gone off their food and i remember mike stating when bredding season ends but then it could be a week or so before he starts eating and it could be a couple of months.
herriotfan Posted - 10/04/2010 : 22:39:20
So how long is the mating season and how long might Casper be off food for? Hope Kittycat didn't mind me asking but it may help others to know too!!
mozacchio Posted - 10/04/2010 : 21:56:25
Danny is right. There is a big chance that she is a he (if you don't know for sure), because when they reach adulthood, usually when they are two yeard old approximately, they go off their food this time of year since it's the mating season!

Electra
DannyBrown91 Posted - 10/04/2010 : 21:35:07
How sure are you that she is a she? Like said its breeding season and many males go off their food.
Stumpy Posted - 10/04/2010 : 18:50:02
She may be Brooding, it is mating season.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000