The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Poss gravid - but wierd poo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mouse Posted - 08/04/2010 : 09:48:26
Sprockett has gone off her food,(ie has completely ignored it, and seems irritated that I'd offer it.) and is hiding away more than normal, and although she's lost some weight, she's still rather rotund!

She has started doing jet stream liquid poo tho, and I'm a little worried about it.

I've not heard of snake poo being full on liquid stream.

:S

Any advice?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mouse Posted - 13/04/2010 : 11:11:28
okay, thanks.

She's very restless, and in constantly in/out of her hide, and cant quite decide whether she prefers the damp vermiculite or her substrate. *sits in and waits*
mikerichards Posted - 13/04/2010 : 11:09:10
I would wait, if she shed on the 7th then its coming to the time she would lay, so hold on a bit. sometimes they do get hyper when they are gonna lay, they search for somewhere to lay them. As she is so far on, i would imagine the weight loss is down to the eggs being fully formed and not getting any heavier, but as she is sustaining them, she is getting lighter, perfectly normal.
As said, i wouldnt disturb her now.
Mouse Posted - 13/04/2010 : 10:43:03
to be fair, I might get her up to the vet, because he's the rep vet for the local zoos - so knows what he's on about, and can tell me whether she is/isn't gravid, and whether that is a nasty buildup etc. *sigh*
KITTYCAT Posted - 13/04/2010 : 08:58:39
normally you wouold feel her underscales sticking out abit slightly jaggy when you hold her if she is gravid.
reptiledanny Posted - 12/04/2010 : 19:12:27
on the pics you can see the bump around her vent area, looks almost i bit like a build up of poo, but im no good to diagnose so ignore me, hope she is better soon!
Mouse Posted - 11/04/2010 : 22:34:11
ooh I forgot to mention, she shed on the 7th.
Mouse Posted - 11/04/2010 : 22:31:04
I can feel what might be 3 eggs down by her vent, but it's the really squidgy lump by her vent I was pondering on,

she weighed in on 29/03 at 0.566. Today, just weightd in 0.519. am getting worried now. she refuses to eat no matter what size of mouse, brained or not.

She's hyperactive, and has thrown any mice i leave in her viv across it.

I've got an incubator set up ready incase, and have put a tub in her viv with damp vermiculite in it incase she wants it.

Am getting a 'tad' worried now....
Sta~ple Posted - 11/04/2010 : 10:20:47
I thoght all the poops came out liquid and then sort of fried hard like bird poop?
mikerichards Posted - 11/04/2010 : 10:12:44
The eggs are gonna still be really soft while she still has them inside her, its really quite hard to feel the eggs properly, liquid poo is not unheard of, you should have seen some of the things my lot had done the last couple of days, even the paint was peeling off!!
I wouldnt worry too much, although she shouldnt be loosing weight, she should be gaining!
hiper2009 Posted - 10/04/2010 : 12:16:29
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

gah, I meant to insert them not link them, sorry. Let me know if they don't work!

They work fine
Mouse Posted - 10/04/2010 : 10:30:49
gah, I meant to insert them not link them, sorry. Let me know if they don't work!
Mouse Posted - 10/04/2010 : 10:20:13
I was running her through my hands yesterday and she feels like she's got 3 eggs in her lower portion, but they don't show up on the photo's.

These are of her vent end (obviously!) it's hard to see on the pic, but I can feel a build up by her vent, which is squishy rather than eggy which the lumps further up seem to be.
http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac233/Snakegirlsprockett/Sprockett/Sprockett%20poss%20gravid/Picture095.jpg
http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac233/Snakegirlsprockett/Sprockett/Sprockett%20poss%20gravid/Picture096.jpg
http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac233/Snakegirlsprockett/Sprockett/Sprockett%20poss%20gravid/Picture097.jpg

I don't know if you can really see anything apart from her being rather rotund!
http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac233/Snakegirlsprockett/Sprockett/Sprockett%20poss%20gravid/Picture098.jpg
Kazerella Posted - 10/04/2010 : 09:42:36
Not sure- but if she's not eating then there wouldn't be any solids to poo out anyway.

Can you feel eggs inside her?

If she was ready to lay it might affect her ability to poo, but she'd be in an advanced state of gravidity, so you should be able to feel the eggs.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000