The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Is this really normal?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sta~ple Posted - 27/03/2010 : 21:21:40
Venom never uses his hidey places, ever really. He might use them after he has just eaten. He's always out of the hidey places and he curles up in the middle of his viv at the side where the glass is. He's been doing this for years but it only has really just stuck me that it's not really normal. He seems fine as far as I can tell but could there be something wrong with my set up or do you think he cold be stressed or anything? I wouldn't want to think that he's doing it for a reason that I have done or anything. I've tried both bigger and smaller hidey places and he still does to his same place. The only thing I can really say is that if someone else comes into my room, he will only lift up his head and stare at that person for ages, sometimes until they go. It's very strange.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 30/03/2010 : 16:53:30
Well, I can sleep on a train on the way to work, I can also sleep through almost anything (apart from the cat yelling in my face), I also like to maybe have a walk in the rain, I also like to eat marzipan straight from the packet!
My point is, we are all different, no one is the same, snakes are the same, no 2 snakes are the same, expecting a snake to do exactly what it says it should in a book is kinda like expecting me to eat onions because others do, not a chance!
Sta~ple Posted - 28/03/2010 : 16:28:32
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

The only thing I can really say is that if someone else comes into my room, he will only lift up his head and stare at that person for ages, sometimes until they go. It's very strange.

When someone comes in my room and im trying to get some sleep i very often give them the evils too

Hehe I guess. He doesn't have a peak when I come in though, it's if anyone else does it's so strange XD

Thanks guys ^^ I think I just panicked after reading how everyone snake is normally hides away when they sleep and the fact he is always out and about even when asleep. It worries me so much sometimes I wonder if he's alive and I normally poke him several times just to make sure he is.

Kellog Posted - 28/03/2010 : 04:51:13
The main thing I have found out from my snakes and from the forum is that there is no such thing as 'text book' behaviour for a snake, they are all different. Yes, there are things to look out for that show that they are stressed or unwell....but, as Herriotfan has said, if he has done it for ages then it is HIS normal behaviour and I would actually say it shows a snake that feels really secure in his surroundings (although I am NO EXPERT, so please dont assume I am right ).

My 2 spent the winter hiding away and are now spending all their time out and about and burrowing causing chaos in their vivs....just a behaviour change due to them being horny/weather/who knows!!!

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 27/03/2010 : 23:31:45
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

The only thing I can really say is that if someone else comes into my room, he will only lift up his head and stare at that person for ages, sometimes until they go. It's very strange.

When someone comes in my room and im trying to get some sleep i very often give them the evils too
herriotfan Posted - 27/03/2010 : 21:34:28
If he's happy, eats, poos, not bothered by things then I'm sure he's ok. If he's always done this (and you said it's been years) then that is his 'normal' I guess! I wouldn't worry too much...if his way has worked for years then it can't be that bad or wrong ;)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000