The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Regurge : first time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lilpunk Posted - 25/03/2010 : 20:34:35
So Dimika regurged her mouse today Fed on Monday and regurged on a Thursday: I know the cause's': she's in shed (although this has never happened before) and she split the slightly larger fuzz in half so she had to eat the spilt guts, which was probably harder for her to digest.

Although, she did poo as well as regurge, so I'm thinking it might also have been a bit big for her? I feel really guilty now for not having considered this, even though the thought did cross my mind!

I've read the regure thread and I'm going to leave her for ten days undisturbed as well as letting her shed as usual: I might add a bit of repti-boost to her water as well to give her some energy for the shed. Should I do anything else, or am I good to go?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lilpunk Posted - 27/03/2010 : 16:58:41
Thankyou Kellog for all the advice! It looked like a slightly... wet (for lack of a better word) half-digested and furless small fuzz. She shed this morning, a perfect shed, so fingers crossed!
Kellog Posted - 26/03/2010 : 11:24:22
I know this sounds disgusting, but I went through a regurge with Silvesta - what did it look like ? When he regurged he had eaten 2 medium mice and the first was partly digested, no hair on it and missing its extremities - so he had obviously absorbed some nutrition from it - whereas the other hadnt even been touched - it was just a very long squeezed out mouse .

It is about the same time between feeding and regurge with Dimi as it was with Silvesta, it happened on the morning I could begin to handle him again. So I must admit I was surprised when he did regurge as I assumed it would happen in that first 48hrs after feeding. If I remember correctly Silvesta did do some poo afterwards, just not a lot (but you know how unreliable my memory is).

I left him for the 10 days (actually it was 13 as we were away for half-term....hated going away knowing that had happened) and then fed him 1 medium mouse every 5 days for 2 feeds, before increasing it to his normal 2 medium mice every week....and he was fine.

Be positive, hopefully this will just be a one off due to her being 'blue' and maybe the fuzzy being to big for her to handle in that state when she would have normally taken it fine. Maybe when you do come to feed her give her the smallest fuzzy you have, just to break her in slowly?? But I am no expert Lil, so wait for someone who knows what they are talking about....I can only go on what I went through with Silvesta.

xxx
Lilpunk Posted - 26/03/2010 : 06:14:52
Yep, poo'd and regurged.
No I didn't see, but I looked in on her earlier and there was no regurge or poos.
Last fed a fuzzie on Monday.
One and yep, the temperatures are fine - that I know of. About 28-30*C hot end and 18-20*C cold end.

Thankyou Herriotfan, and thanks Kehhlyr
Kehhlyr Posted - 25/03/2010 : 23:43:05
You say she poo'd and regurged?
Did you see her regurge?
What was she fed last?
how many was she fed on her last feed?
Are your temps ok?
herriotfan Posted - 25/03/2010 : 21:37:54
This must be very worrying for you. I wish I could help but I've not got the experience . I'm sure there'll be somebody on here that can reassure you and suggest the best course of action. Good luck.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000