The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 corn snake fasting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
newsnakekeeper Posted - 04/03/2010 : 11:08:31
I have a 7 month old amel corn which hasnt eaten for 4 weeks is this normal for a hatchling? I need to stop worrying as a new snake keeper lol
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
newsnakekeeper Posted - 05/03/2010 : 16:13:36
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Did you brumate him, or did it self brumate?
It could be the reason that he's not eating, if you can give us a bit more info about how his temps have been over the past couple months that might give a better idea.
Is it definitely male?

The warm end is runnig at approx 28.8 coold end about 22. He was probed when i bought him and was sexed as a male. Back end of December begining of Jan temps where about 26.5-27.6. I think he may have burmated himself but i got a feeling i may ave had something to do with it with temps been 26.5-27.5 had no intention of doing that if that is what i have done.
Kehhlyr Posted - 05/03/2010 : 00:21:01
Did you brumate him, or did it self brumate?
It could be the reason that he's not eating, if you can give us a bit more info about how his temps have been over the past couple months that might give a better idea.
Is it definitely male?
DannyBrown91 Posted - 04/03/2010 : 23:38:05
Possibly but im not sure you would have to weight for one of the more experienced members to be sure about the brumation but if he hasn't been losing weight its most probably natural reasons why he isn't eating.
newsnakekeeper Posted - 04/03/2010 : 22:52:49
no weight still the same sorry for delay in replying been busy afternoon. Danny think it also been in burmutation think it spelt wrong and been told could take 2 weeks for him to get warmed up agan dont know if this will affect his feeding.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 04/03/2010 : 12:31:22
Has he lost any weight?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000