The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Shedding Issues?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/03/2010 : 15:01:06
Hi, my brother bought my a corn snake like 2 months ago for my birthday, and she's a lovely girl. She's a good eater and actually very sociable apparently, she loves getting out the viv. I think she's about 4/5 months old. She's already shed once with me, 2 weeks ago maybe and we're having problems with her tail.
I've been misting the viv, there's moss in, i put another branch in thats a little bit rougher, i've been bathing her and yes, she's even got her own towel which helped with most of her body.
However, the real issue is, i came in from uni today and she's a little paler looking, her markings have really dulled down and she's got that shiny dull eye thing. Is she going to shed again?! Because i'm at my wits end with her tail, and if she sheds again its only going to get worse right? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as my brother says not to worry, but he's got a python who has always been a really good shedder, and poor Matilda just isn't getting it.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 03/03/2010 : 17:03:13
dont stress
its likely that she is going into shed with the description you gave..
im assuming its retained shed thats the problem rather than an injury or anything? when she sheds put her in a lukewarm bath thats shallow enough for her to touch the bath floor, i always run my fingers gently down my corns body when shes having a bath because of a retained shed just to make sure that the waters really getting at her, when you get her out get a dry towel and let her wriggle through it but apply a bit of pressure to it when it gets to the tail - it usually helps to encourage the retained shed come off..
when you got her did she come with shedding records?
if you feel its necesary you can get a product called Shed Aid which helps them when they shed - you apply it once a month and it tends to help

try not to mist the viv too much when shes not in shed or bath her too much - over misting could make it too humid and possibly cause a respiritory infection,

if you have any pictures of her tail as it is now then it may help

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000