The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 insurance?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 18/02/2010 : 23:31:28
is there pet insurance for corn snakes and if there is how much does it cost,
with my ever groing collection its something worth having and whats your opinion on providers and service?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 20/02/2010 : 16:18:01
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Mum got stung this morning by PetPlan for the cat and dog insurance, not a happy bunny!

i know they're not cheap but you need to read the smallprint and make sure you're comparing cover thats like for like if you're shopping around

there's a company that's local to me that (they don't cover reps though) and when you read all the small print, basically if your pet has 4 legs a head and a tail it's exempt from them paying out!!!*

*ok not literally but as good as!!!
eeji Posted - 20/02/2010 : 16:09:28
has anyone here ever had a quote for snakes?
SexyBear77 Posted - 20/02/2010 : 13:52:52
Mum got stung this morning by PetPlan for the cat and dog insurance, not a happy bunny!

(sorry SB i hit edit instead of quote by accident )
gingerpony Posted - 20/02/2010 : 13:49:23
i AM a hypocrit on this subject.............being a PetPlan advisor (through work) but not insuring any of my animals except the dog and horses for 3rd party liability.............and not through PetPlan!
SexyBear77 Posted - 19/02/2010 : 15:47:17
I dont have any of my 4 insured, its easier just to put money aside each month and use that for vets fees rather than pay through the nose for policies.
gingerpony Posted - 19/02/2010 : 11:59:45
PetPlan or Exotics Direct

there's limited providers and it's worth checking the small print of any policy to make sure you know what's included and what isn't eg. some policies will cover for illness relating to breeding and some won't

take into account the cost of the excess too, and price up a consult and, for example, a course of Baytril from your local exotics/rep vet to give you a ball-park figure

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000