The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 my corn does not eat or drink

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kevgerb46 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 19:37:58
flash has stopped eating and drinking and has gone into hiding,now ive been told he might be shedding cause he has gone kinda bluish but i thought they still drank waterwhen they shed. the last drink he had was saturday, should i be worried or is that normal.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kevgerb46 Posted - 12/02/2010 : 21:19:30
thought i'd update, flash is defo shedding checked him this morning and his eyes have blued up lovely,thanx for the words of wisdom guys and gals.
mikerichards Posted - 11/02/2010 : 11:42:59
Don't worry too much, you will soon become acustomed to how your snake behaves as an individual. Don't worry about asking questions either, you will always get an answer, hopefully a useful one!
kevgerb46 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:56:59
thanx peeps, im a new keeper and i think i worry to much.
eeji Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:47:44
i don't see my lot drinking either - it must be one of those things that they don't like being watched :)
gingerpony Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:33:36
i rarely actually see mine drink, the exception being my OAP corn who seems to down gallons (ok, not literally! ) every time i give him some fresh water lol

and as Hannah says it's normal behaviour for a snake due to shed. try to keep handling to bare neccessity until he's actually shed as their eyesight is poor at this time and could cause defensive aggression or just plain stress for the snake
HannahB Posted - 09/02/2010 : 19:42:06
he may have been drinking while you are asleep or not in the room
i wouldnt worry too much - if hes gone into shed (which is very likely given the description) they often hide away which is normal, give him a few days and he should brighten up again and then usually they shed in a few days

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000