The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Bad shed!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sara3502 Posted - 06/02/2010 : 20:41:43
I just found out my corn snake has shed stuck on his tail and It has been there for at least 2-3 weeds. What do I do?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 06/02/2010 : 22:16:22
provide a damp hide for a few days and then bath him is what i'd recommend

if it stays there it could cause the tip of his tail to die and drop off, i'm sure you'll find a few threads on that too if you search for 'necrotic' !!
SexyBear77 Posted - 06/02/2010 : 20:52:38
Plenty of info on this using the Search button.

Let your snake slide through a damp towel and see if the skin comes off with minimal pressure.

Alternatively you can give your snake a bath, with warm water at 27c (use a digi therm to measure) for 10-15 mins and then try with the towel to remove the shed. This should do it.

If it has been there for a while there is a chance the blood flow to your snakes tail has been compromised, and it may be damaged. If this is the case, line the viv or faun with kitchen towel and keep the area, including the water bowl, scrupulously clean to prevent infection. Tamodine is a good antiseptic for reps.

In future make sure you check your snake immediately after a shed for both retained tail tip and the eyecaps.

Good luck!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000