The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Help - found Corn Snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 31/01/2010 : 13:16:22
Hi everyone
My brother has just collected a cornsnake from a a neighbours path. It looks like it's been out there all night in minus 5 degrees.

What do we do ? He's brought it inside in a large plastic container and is trying to warm it up to see if it's still alive.

Please can we have some advice ?

Thank you
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dinner83 Posted - 02/02/2010 : 18:55:48
dosent sound good. but hope the poor little thing has pulled throu
Rik Posted - 02/02/2010 : 17:11:30
Guessing the lil snakie didnt make it sob..... snurch...........
Any update?
gingerpony Posted - 01/02/2010 : 20:58:48
i suppose, being harsh and i'm sorry, but if it's gone stiff by now then you've kinda got your answer
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 18:51:34
Good-luck - My friends corn snake managed it's way into his rucksack, out into the garage in his dads house and lived there middle of winter for 2 weeks and survived
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 18:44:46
just read what happend i hope all goes well for the snake good look
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 16:18:49
Any News on this Poor Lil Snakie???

xXx
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 01/02/2010 : 14:06:14
awww the poor little thing

it's horrible when you hear of peoples snakes escaping their vivs, but even worse when theyre escaping the house. Saying that i hope it was abandoned................
mikerichards Posted - 31/01/2010 : 21:40:45
If you can, open its mouth and see if its windpipe is open/ closed, and watch for a minute or 2 and see if it changes.
n/a Posted - 31/01/2010 : 21:22:56
Thank you both. It hasn't moved at all so i think it's probably very dead. It was warmed to room temperature at my brothers for an hour or so before I put it on the snugglesafe and then brought it home to put it in the vivarium. It hasn't started smelling yet but it definitely hasn't moved.
So sad - it just wasn't spotted in time
mikerichards Posted - 31/01/2010 : 19:59:40
i will be very surprised if it survives, although its not impossible, its very very unlikely, they dont do extreme cold very well, they are just not designed for our temp range. I know there are some living wild, but once the temps drop they find somewhere reasonably warm to hibernate, not on a stone path!!
I woulnt warm it up to quickly, that might shock it, bring it to room temps, then up to about 25 derees carefully. At room temps you should have activity, also, on the other side, it will start to smell very quickly if its dead.
devilsmistress Posted - 31/01/2010 : 19:40:40
If your Chatham In Kent I can help out Im only over in Gillingham.
Stumpy Posted - 31/01/2010 : 17:57:32
I hope it is Alive and that it recovers soon.
I would have bought it in and let it get up to room temperature first then in crease it to the normal temp.
SexyBear77 Posted - 31/01/2010 : 17:35:59
Glad you have got him and hope he is fine.

Snakes, being cold blooded, are able to withstand cold temps alot better than warm blooded animals, so dont give up hope just yet!
HannahB Posted - 31/01/2010 : 15:50:29
aw poor little thing..hope he begins to improve now hes got some heat around him
n/a Posted - 31/01/2010 : 15:42:42
Hi
Definitely can't see it breathing. It's currently in a smaller box in my bearded dragons vivarium. I went to Ashford to collect it from my brother as he was going out and it's now in Chatham with me. I kept it on a warm snugglesafe all the way home and it's not changed position at all.
Not holding out much hope for the poor little beggar. Think he must have frozen to death last night.
dinner83 Posted - 31/01/2010 : 14:52:31
hope the poor little thing pulls round ok keep us informed
DannyBrown91 Posted - 31/01/2010 : 14:23:29
quote:
Originally posted by Doghouse135

can't tell if it's alive or not.

Can you see weather it is breathing or not. If you just watch its body you should be able to see it breathing.

I noticed that you can see it best when they are curled up.
HannahB Posted - 31/01/2010 : 14:12:42
get a luke warm hot water bottle and if you have any of those fluffy covers put one of them on it, put that in one end of the box.. dont make it boiling hot but luke warm - if you have any probe thermometers lying about then put on of them on it - should be around 28/29'c
and the obvious put a small bowl of water in the box at the other end..
n/a Posted - 31/01/2010 : 14:11:31
Ashford Kent- or Ashford Middlesex/Surrey?

xXx
n/a Posted - 31/01/2010 : 13:29:06
Hi
I'm in Chatham, and will be taking the snake from my brother if it's alive but he's in Ashford.

He's got it on newspaper at the minute but can't tell if it's alive or not. I'll be very surprised if it survived - it was bitterly cold here last night.

Thank you for your assistance

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000