The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Damaged belly scales

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 13:36:54
tof has ripped/cut some belly scales, some look deeper than others.
i'm worried that her belly scales and very brittle and rip easy, when i was taking pics she actually ripped another 1 or 2 when she tightened around my arm

here are a few pics:

is it a good idea to put her on kitchen roll for now just to stop the wood chips from irritating the cuts? and is there anything else i need to do?
thanks in advance guys
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 17/01/2010 : 21:38:38
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

To quote BE from the reptilian
quote:

Aubiose - its the future! :)

or...........

Aubiose - its HORSE BEDDING!!
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 00:34:53
ooo i will check them out then, cheers guys
Nazzle Posted - 16/01/2010 : 21:13:44
I was speaking to the firm that makes Aubiose the other day (trying to find a supplier) and they said prices were probably going to increase due to the "new reptile market", so if you use it I'd stock up now.
eeji Posted - 16/01/2010 : 20:50:59
at less than a tenner for a mahoosive bag full, most definetly! :D
Kehhlyr Posted - 16/01/2010 : 20:27:52
To quote BE from the reptilian
quote:

Aubiose - its the future! :)

n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 12:31:56
thank you for checking
im glad you mentioned it actually because it made me second guess what i had, i even checked the chips before posting my response
it will be in the front of my mind about pine and chedar now aswell so thanks

edit - spelling
gingerpony Posted - 16/01/2010 : 12:17:25
that's cool hun just checking
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 12:06:14
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

one thing i'd add is are you 110% sure that your substrate isn't pine or cedar?
these are both irritants and definitely NOT suitable...........my OAP corn was on pine shavings when i went to collect him and he was in a RIGHT state with various health problems, most of which i can put down to the damn substrate!

i am 110% sure they are beech chippings
gingerpony Posted - 15/01/2010 : 21:08:40
one thing i'd add is are you 110% sure that your substrate isn't pine or cedar?
these are both irritants and definitely NOT suitable...........my OAP corn was on pine shavings when i went to collect him and he was in a RIGHT state with various health problems, most of which i can put down to the damn substrate!
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 19:37:57
ok thanks everyone, panic over
i will keep her on her current substrate but will keep a close eye on her to see if there are any signs of it becoming infected, and will be waiting on a shed..
cheers again guys, i really appreciate the help
eeji Posted - 15/01/2010 : 18:45:18
it doesn't look anything serious, just a few roughed up scales. It should sort itself out with the next shed, and doesn't look like theres any underlying damage so shouldn't get infected ;)
lucifer Posted - 15/01/2010 : 16:31:45
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Its caused by her climbing on things and putting alot of force on them. This substrate wont make any differance but if it looks like it could get infected, put her on kitchen roll for a bit. They should sort themselves out through sheddding.

As matty said, also if your worried about any possible infection taking hold make sure you clean the viv out with reptile safe disinfectant (such as cascade) and spot check often. Should correct with a shed.
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 15:55:15
get better soon Tofu xx
matty18714 Posted - 15/01/2010 : 15:52:22
Its caused by her climbing on things and putting alot of force on them. This substrate wont make any differance but if it looks like it could get infected, put her on kitchen roll for a bit. They should sort themselves out through sheddding.
hiper2009 Posted - 15/01/2010 : 13:55:16
Awww poor Tofu Hope she gets well As for the chippings im not sure best to wait for one of the pro's to tell you what to do

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000