The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 leon not pooing...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 10/01/2010 : 19:06:16
hey guys...my snake leon hasnt pooed in 2 weeks...he shed on monday and fed on thursday as usual but still no poo...any ideas?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 10/01/2010 : 22:10:04
ive had him 3 weeks..hes about 17inches long 7 months old. thanks for the help guys..i will try handling him more to try and get things moving.
a33272 Posted - 10/01/2010 : 20:15:34
mine often poos when burrowed in the substrate so dont always see it till cleaning out time
tinamiles Posted - 10/01/2010 : 19:20:41
have you handled him much in this time, because often handling the snake can prompt them to poo! i know Blaze always poos after ive held him about 10mins or so!
SexyBear77 Posted - 10/01/2010 : 19:20:23
How long have you had Leon, how old is he and how big? also, what size feed is he on?

Sometimes snakes will extract every last piece of goodness from their food so there is very little left to er, come out the other end.

If there is a noticeable bulge infront of his vent then he could be constipated. Warm hands when handling or a warm bath (make sure you measure the temp with a digital thermometer, so its around 25-27c) usually helps to get things moving.

Also, make sure you have a really good look around the viv, as sometimes it will be very difficult to spot. Mind you, you should be able to smell it before you see it!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000