The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 escape!!! need help please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
King_Kruss Posted - 08/01/2010 : 21:12:18
hey all. my beloved Rellik has managed to escape (thats the last time i buy a second hand Viv >.<). the bedroom had a lot of stuff in it. tbh im a bit to wound up and upset to look for her atm. im gonna empty the bedroom very slowly and very carefully tomorrow when i get back from work. any sugestions will be greatly apreciated (specialy as one person in the house isnt to keen on my beloved snakes lol). 1 more thing. i read somewhere about bottle traps. can someone explain them to me or something similar just in case i get desperate. thank you all
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stumpy Posted - 09/01/2010 : 23:26:10
I had one snake turn up on the shelf in the bathroom, one was found on the second shelf in the living room. One was found on the top shelf in the living room and one was found on the fridge in the kitchen.
Both the snakes found in the living room escaped from vivs in the same room so do not worry too much.
King_Kruss Posted - 09/01/2010 : 18:10:08
ive got to put some water down in a bit. ive been panicing like crazy. feeding day is tomorrow so ill look for info on bottle traps a bit later. relliks viv is on top of the ardrobe (dont ask me how) but one of the vents popped out of the back and was inside the viv, i have left her viv open and will check it in a bit. the mrs has emptied under the bed today and gone through every single thing. luke i may call you later if i need to ill try n find what i need to on the net though. i will keep you all informed xxx
Tizzy Posted - 09/01/2010 : 15:10:45
Good luck with the hunt, i've had my share of escapes, Daisey was out for a whole month before she turned up in a box of paperwork, romeo was aleep on the DVD player, spook hid on cable trunking, annie on the back of a picture haniging on the wall......they really do get anywhere everywhere!
Kellog Posted - 09/01/2010 : 05:44:27
quote:
Originally posted by King_Kruss

hey all. my beloved Rellik has managed to escape ......i read somewhere about bottle traps. can someone explain them to me or something similar just in case i get desperate. thank you all

I am so sorry to hear about Rellik escaping Chris. Do you know how he got out of the viv?

Definitely recommend the links Skorps has posted, especially the 2nd one. That has all the info you need on searching for an escapee in one place as well as a link to how to make a bottle trap. Depending on when Rellik was fed a bottle trap is a really good idea...just dont leave mouse in it for over 24hrs, replace it if it hasnt been eaten.

One of the most important things has already been mentioned but worth mentioning again...make sure you put water down. Snakes can go for a long time without food but cant do without water.

Do hope you find him soon. Please let us know how the hunt is going, if you see any signs of him and if you find him. We worry !!

xxx
lucifer Posted - 08/01/2010 : 22:19:50
Chris feel free to give me a call mate, picked up some tips after Lucien did his little escaping trick a while back.
As Hannah said methodically check everything high and low, especially in corners or areas where its sheltered from light (under bookcases, etc).
Lucien turned up in a pile of towels in the bathroom as it was warm not to mention nice and dark.
n/a Posted - 08/01/2010 : 21:56:49
awww bless, i hope your baby turns up soon, im sure she will.
HannahB Posted - 08/01/2010 : 21:52:20
aw no!!

when you do start moving everything move it methodically and carefully - remember though to look inside everything even if it seems unusual or particularly high up - corns climb really well,

hope you find her soon
n/a Posted - 08/01/2010 : 21:46:18
Have you put water down?
King_Kruss Posted - 08/01/2010 : 21:26:43
im sure she will turn up. my 1st escapee lil worried thats all i love my lil snow corn to bits :( xxx
n/a Posted - 08/01/2010 : 21:21:10
Hey!
Im sure that he will turn up soon!
Heres 2 links to other recent Snake Gone Walk-a-Bout!
Some REALLY good advice below also with links to the bottle traps
xXx

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7475&SearchTerms=escape
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7545&SearchTerms=escape

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000