The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 behaviour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 07/01/2010 : 15:22:28
I posted a thread about feeding after shedding before, and its sort of along these line still, as my corn has still not eaten, but she doesnt stop, she is on the go all the time, she has been for about 3 weeks now, i love seeing her active, but every time i try and feed her, she is trying to escape at every opptunity
she is handled every day

is this normal, or can female corns have hormonal seasons?

im stumpted, is this normal?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 09/01/2010 : 09:47:55
im not so worried anout her feeding now, as i was reasured a couple weeks ago, i think she has been about 5 weeks without feeding now
But she is never this hectic, she is on the go at all times, i havent seen her in her hide for about 3 weeks, she is just constantly moving lol
makes me wonder is the girles do get the same?
Kellog Posted - 09/01/2010 : 05:53:05
I know this is worrying for you Clare, but 3 weeks isnt long for her to go without feeding for a snake her age...especially as she is obviously active and healthy. Kellog went 13 weeks when we first got him...which is when I discovered the forum. Not only did they keep me sane (while I drove them mad!!) but they worked out that he was horny! I dont know if females go through the same sort of thing so cant help with a reason for her not eating, all I can do is give you some advice.

Keep to her normal feeding schedule. Dont offer her food more regularly cos she is not eating. Offer her the mouse, if she doesnt take it leave it in the viv over-night. If it is still there in the morning remove it and then repeat all over again the next time she is due a feed.

I dont think it is time to start panicing yet, but if it continues you can check out this link which gives some good tips on encouraging non-feeders to eat: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720

Do hope she feeds soon, you can imagine my relief (and total shock ) when Kellog finally struck and ate!!

xxx
n/a Posted - 08/01/2010 : 19:34:08
bless, sometimes it can yake them a bit longer to settle than most, even with my corn now, i keep leaving her after i offer her food, i leave her about 4 days at a time, just to see if she is actually get hungry soon
DannyBrown91 Posted - 07/01/2010 : 16:10:35
My sisters corn snake shed the day that she got it which was around a week and a half ago and dosn't seem to be wanting to take any food.

It would normly be due a feed middle of last week but with us only just getting him we left him alone for a week and then when we brought her out on monday she wherent interested we tried her again today and still not interested.

Casper on the other hand does a pinky in about 90 seconds

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000