The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 digestion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 11:30:39
Hi all,
Fed link 5 days ago now but she still has a large bulge, as if she is not digesting properly, she is spending most of her time in the warm end of her viv which is 29 degrees, starting to get a little concerned now.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 30/12/2009 : 05:22:56
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

ah, that means she's digesting water fine.

She may be taking excess nutrients out of it as she may feel she's not getting enough.

Sorry if it's been stated before but when was she last fed? Can't be bothered to read the thread.

Hillzi...it was stated in first post!! Posted on 29/12/2009 - fed 5 days ago. If you are going to comment then please read first!! Its not a matter to be taken lightly!

xxx

Blackecho Posted - 29/12/2009 : 21:12:16
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Sorry if it's been stated before but when was she last fed? Can't be bothered to read the thread.

Then read it, its only about 6 posts long....
hillzi Posted - 29/12/2009 : 21:00:05
ah, that means she's digesting water fine.

She may be taking excess nutrients out of it as she may feel she's not getting enough.

n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 19:38:18
i feed her inside viv but place food items on a tray so to avoid picking up any bedding although she has on occasion lifted off there but always watch her feed and not noticed any bedding picked up on mouse.
the lump is about the stomach, it is just under half as big as her normal size in diameter and about 1 and a half inches long.
she also passed some poo this afternoon which was yellow in colour and very watery.
devilsmistress Posted - 29/12/2009 : 14:56:41
Also are you feeding in or out the viv??? Just thought if its in the viv could it be impaction? (sorry spelling!)
Blackecho Posted - 29/12/2009 : 14:45:06
Sounds like your setup and food size is fine. Where exactly is the bulge? Is it near the vent or in the stomach region?
n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 13:10:34
She is approx 18 month, i have had her over a year she is approx 3ft not sure of her weight but she is of similar size to my other two fed small mouse which she normally has one per week been on them for three months temps mesuered using digital thermometer with probe on mat which is controlled by stat. viv is 30" x 15" x 15" on aspen bedding hide at each end with a water bowl at cool end.
i have taken the thermometer from one of my other vivs just to double check there is no fault and that reads 29.2 degrees
sorry if i was too vague before.
gingerpony Posted - 29/12/2009 : 12:02:25
how are you measuring the temps? where is the probe/thermostat located? how are you controlling the heat source and what heating are you using?

the problem sounds like your temps are way out somewhere but i don't know where
Kellog Posted - 29/12/2009 : 11:46:29
Definitely need answers to Lee's questions - size of feed, how long has it been on that size of food or has it moved up to it recently. Age, size, weight of snake. How long have you had it and what is its feeding history? Viv set up in as much detail as possible.

I know it is a lot of questions, but the more information given then those who have the experience (particularly GingerPony) can give you more informed answers.

xxx
lee2308 Posted - 29/12/2009 : 11:42:08
what did you feed it and how old is it?
was the prey large for the size of the snake?
Are you using a dial thermometer or a digital one

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000