The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Feeding concern!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 08/12/2009 : 12:58:22
Hi everyone,

I have a 120cm female corn snake in good health.
However she has not eaten now for 8 weeks.I regularly tempt her with
fresh food but she just wants to play out. The small mice I give her
are fresh and warm when offered, but she just bruskes them to one side in an attempt to get out of her large vivarium. Any ideas??
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 10/12/2009 : 13:23:30
LMFAO at hiper
Kellog Posted - 10/12/2009 : 04:04:30
Definitely need as much info as possible about your set up, as already asked. How long has she been on small mice? How regularly is she fed? Dont offer her food more often than the normal feeding schedule as this will stress her out.

The most important thing is checking out what size your viv is and the temps. You need to eliminate all elements of stress that could be stopping her feeding.

Also checkout this topic for advice on non-feeding snakes - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720

xxx
hiper2009 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 12:18:42

quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

yes what's your set-up and most importantly, temps, like?this can have a HUGE impact on feeding.................

gingerpony Posted - 09/12/2009 : 11:59:07
again.............

quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

yes what's your set-up and most importantly, temps, like?this can have a HUGE impact on feeding.................

n/a Posted - 09/12/2009 : 10:13:16
Hi,
Yes I,ve tried "braining" the mouse, but she still will not eat. I've also hidden the food for her to find, without success. I know she is hungry, and snakes will not starve themselves to death, but i am concerned about the length of time (9 weeks now) since she has taken food.
KITTYCAT Posted - 09/12/2009 : 01:06:46
U aint cohabiting are you as when my corn did that she was expecting
gingerpony Posted - 08/12/2009 : 21:39:02
yes what's your set-up and most importantly, temps, like?
this can have a HUGE impact on feeding.................
SexyBear77 Posted - 08/12/2009 : 21:15:53
how large is the viv? large spaces can cause stress in snakes and can cause them to go off food.
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 08/12/2009 : 21:09:31
i had probs feeding, braining deffo helped me, also checking the temp. was trying too often to feed her to, didnt relise if she missed a feed not to try again untill she was due another one lol oops! seemed to work tho! :)
hope you get your snakey feeing again soon.
hiper2009 Posted - 08/12/2009 : 14:03:09
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Have you tryed slicing a slit in the mouse's head so its basicly braining it and then feeding it to snakling as they will taste the brains and will normally go for it, also have you tryed to feed it a mouse's tail by cuting it off the mouse ? How are you thawing your mouse is it at room temp ?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000