The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 I think Romeo is sick

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 04/12/2009 : 13:35:19
Hi all Romeo shedded about 2-3days ago then yesterday (Thursday) I feed him he normaly takes 2 medium mice as 1 dont show a bump but he refused to eat the second mouse. then today i go to change his water and i see his head poking out then i looked at his eyes and they have gone to a milky colour meaning hes going in to another shedd, When he shedded a few days ago his eyes went bright red then 2days after its gone to milky colour.

When he shedded i do a check for mites and there was no mites but for the past 15days he has not been active, hes drinking his water fine, temps are all fine.

I have rang up the herp vet about this as im very worried they have booked him an appointment for monday for a check up.

Has any one had a problem like this. ?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 08/12/2009 : 17:39:38
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

I think the emergency rates are about £90 right chrissy ?

well it was where i took tof that one time, it might depend on the practice in question though
hiper2009 Posted - 08/12/2009 : 12:12:14
quote:
Originally posted by kizzig

That's great news Hiper! Glad Romeo's back to normal now, I'm sure we would have had a similar panic in that situation!

Well done for getting him booked into the vet first, it shows just how much you care. Many people would seek other advise before a vet, but you did the right thing and booked him in as soon as you knew something wasn't quite right.

Very reassuring to see GP's advise matched exactly that of the vet (as we expected it would) - she's a real credit to the forums! Just noticed GP's username written in initials means "Doctor"! Lol!! Coincidence or what??!

It's just unfortunate that herp vets are so pricey... However, I suppose you can't put a price on the well-being of your pets!

Vet fees = £?, Healthy Snake = Priceless!

Exactly right you cant argu with price on your pet you treat it as your baby and in this case this is what i did, GP is amazing , Think she should study to become a herp vet she would do great !
kizzig Posted - 08/12/2009 : 11:57:49
That's great news Hiper! Glad Romeo's back to normal now, I'm sure we would have had a similar panic in that situation!

Well done for getting him booked into the vet first, it shows just how much you care. Many people would seek other advise before a vet, but you did the right thing and booked him in as soon as you knew something wasn't quite right.

Very reassuring to see GP's advise matched exactly that of the vet (as we expected it would) - she's a real credit to the forums! Just noticed GP's username written in initials means "Doctor"! Lol!! Coincidence or what??!

It's just unfortunate that herp vets are so pricey... However, I suppose you can't put a price on the well-being of your pets!

Vet fees = £?, Healthy Snake = Priceless!
hiper2009 Posted - 08/12/2009 : 10:16:29
Just to let you all know Romeo shedded today and he looks as if hes normal now and extreamly active
hiper2009 Posted - 08/12/2009 : 10:15:33
Thanks Judith its true all that matters hes healthy and well, And GP Suprised me when the vet said the same thing as her too.
Kellog Posted - 08/12/2009 : 04:27:26
I know it cost you Hiper but what is important is that he is ok and has been given a full check up and has been given the all clear. It is also great that the herp vet agreed with GP - who once again has proved how vital she is to this forum!!

We all worry and we all get paranoid and neurotic when our snakes arent behaving normally, so dont ever feel you are alone in that!

You reacted in the way you should have, you got advice from here and you got him checked over by someone who knows what they are talking about (no matter the cost). Think Romeo is very lucky to have such a caring owner.

xxx
hiper2009 Posted - 08/12/2009 : 01:06:58
I think the emergency rates are about £90 right chrissy ?
hiper2009 Posted - 08/12/2009 : 00:16:01
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

woop woop, im glad its nothing serious

Me two i was in a bad panic attack i thought i was going to loose him but like always i over react and go retarded.

But the main thing is he has been checked over by a herp vet and is in the clear and coooked me up a expensive bill for a minor thing

hey, been there done that! everything different about tof sends me into a major heart attack lol

they seem to love charging mega prices do herp vets lol

I was not happy about the bill at the end of his visit to the herp vet but what can i do nothing lol but i do wish they lower there price's

yeeh it would indeed! emergency hours are even worse lol

Gosh whats the rates for emergency hours ?
n/a Posted - 07/12/2009 : 23:39:27
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Me two i was in a bad panic attack i thought i was going to loose him but like always i over react and go retarded.

But the main thing is he has been checked over by a herp vet and is in the clear and coooked me up a expensive bill for a minor thing

hey, been there done that! everything different about tof sends me into a major heart attack lol

I was not happy about the bill at the end of his visit to the herp vet but what can i do nothing lol but i do wish they lower there price's

yeeh it would indeed! emergency hours are even worse lol
hiper2009 Posted - 07/12/2009 : 23:35:17
quote:

quote:

quote:

n/a Posted - 07/12/2009 : 23:33:04
quote:

quote:

hiper2009 Posted - 07/12/2009 : 23:22:55
quote:

n/a Posted - 07/12/2009 : 23:08:36
hiper2009 Posted - 07/12/2009 : 23:05:03
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

glad hes ok and it is nothing serious

Thank you hannah xx
HannahB Posted - 07/12/2009 : 21:51:13
glad hes ok and it is nothing serious
hiper2009 Posted - 07/12/2009 : 21:36:10
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

like the vet said, the brain thinks the body needs repair, and the way snakes repair external injuries is to shed more frequently
i didn't know that bruising from a fall would neccesarily mean him going blue that soon after his previous shed though!
and i'm quite surprised at how bad a climber he is for a corn too lol, now royals you regularly expect to hear a big THUD! lol

I always hear a big thud from Romeo in the middle of the night i have even recorded him in day time climbing he climbs up his branch then he thinks he can fly from one end to the other end of the viv then he just drops down in mid air .

But when his brain tells him he must repair him self how do they go milky colour eyed and get the skin to shedd if they already shedded then they are nice and new skinned right ? Its very confusing.
gingerpony Posted - 07/12/2009 : 21:32:09
like the vet said, the brain thinks the body needs repair, and the way snakes repair external injuries is to shed more frequently
i didn't know that bruising from a fall would neccesarily mean him going blue that soon after his previous shed though!
and i'm quite surprised at how bad a climber he is for a corn too lol, now royals you regularly expect to hear a big THUD! lol
hiper2009 Posted - 07/12/2009 : 21:25:14
quote:

quote:

quote:

has he had an injury? they will shed more frequently trying to heal themselves...........

he did say if a snake falls from a height which romeo does he falls off his branch alot and this can cause him to go in blue as his brain thinks he needs to heal up...

glad the vet agreed with me lol on a more serious note other than that he had me stumped

Are you sure you dont work at a herp vet you know an aweful lot GP I was pretty shocked when the vet said almost the same as you stated i was like wahhhh i told him about the TCS Forum and he said he knows it . But what i dont understand is why do they go in blue if they hurt them selfs even by falling off a branch thats about 1.5ft in air from the substrate its not like he cut him self open or anything like that.
gingerpony Posted - 07/12/2009 : 19:42:39
quote:

quote:

has he had an injury? they will shed more frequently trying to heal themselves...........

he did say if a snake falls from a height which romeo does he falls off his branch alot and this can cause him to go in blue as his brain thinks he needs to heal up...

glad the vet agreed with me lol on a more serious note other than that he had me stumped
hiper2009 Posted - 07/12/2009 : 16:21:24
quote:

does seem a little odd to be in blue so soon but there's probably a minor underlying cause so i wouldn't panic just yet hun

I took him to the herp vet and the man there checked him over and said there's nothing wrong with him and hes very healthy boy, But he did say if a snake falls from a hight which romeo does alot he falls off his branch alot and this can cause him to go in blue as his brain thinks he needs to heal up or something but half the stuff the herp vet said i didn't understand what he was going on about.

So in other words what he was trying to say is that Romeo is fine hes still in blue and will shedd probly on tuesday or wednesday and should be back to normal hopefuly Thanks for all ya help every one .

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000