The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 missed strike

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 04/12/2009 : 13:25:21
hi people,

last night i fed my juvenile corn but whilst feeding him he missed in his strike attempt several times he eventually got there on the 6th attempt and im just asking if this is something i should worry about,
granted he hasnt shed since ive had him and hes only a juvenile, he did eat and has not regurgitated

could simply be the early stages of shedding and therefore couldnt directly locate his prey.
he does seem to being loosing his colour slightly so perhaps thats what it simply the begining of a shed
but to ease my mind can anyone confirm this

many thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/12/2009 : 19:54:08
could be in blue, or just defensive striking, my king does this all time eventually taking the mouse after a few strikes at me and the mouse lol
n/a Posted - 07/12/2009 : 10:38:18

No problem, Bear.

Thanks for coming back to let us know he's alright.

n/a Posted - 07/12/2009 : 09:15:08
many thanks for the replies peple,
you was correct its a sheeding cycle i think i was just a bit paranoid after loosing a little one a few weeks ago,thanks for easing my mind

thanks
GB
gingerpony Posted - 04/12/2009 : 19:46:30
i would agree with the above, he could be in the early stages of shedding if missing a strike is unusual for him, but nothing to worry about
n/a Posted - 04/12/2009 : 14:11:05

Is he blue at the moment?

I don't know enough about snakes to be able to give you a definite answer, but my own snakes have done same and similar on occasion and they're absolutely fine. One time I thought that perhaps the mouse was slightly too warm so they retreated at the last second, and another time it seemed one of them was really excited and hasty, but perhaps that's just me projecting human feelings into what I saw.

Unless someone can give you a better answer, I'd go with this: if it's a one off, it's most probably nothing.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000