The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Elijah Went Blue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LittleMick Posted - 29/11/2009 : 17:13:05
I hadn't seen Elijah for a just over a day after his latest feed, but yesterday was his clean out day, so I took everything out to find him in his warm hide, and he was blue, yayyyyy, his first blue session since in my care. So I'm looking forward to examining his shed when it happens. Since he was in his warm hide I figured he may be looking for soome humidity somewhere so after his house clean I put a hunid hide in the faun in the form of a washed out coffee mate jar, lol. I hope that helps him if he needs it.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittleMick Posted - 06/12/2009 : 21:50:18
He had his feed yesterday, so I will have another look Monday or Tuesday night just to make sure, while I have him out I will strip his faun foranother look for it.
Kellog Posted - 06/12/2009 : 01:51:39
Sounds as though it went really well LittleMick. Glad Elijah shed so well. As long as you cant see or feel the tail tip on him I would assume that he has shed it. You may have trouble finding it in the substrate, but worth a look just to set your mind at rest.

xxx
LittleMick Posted - 06/12/2009 : 01:39:31
Lol, well what a confusing time. Elijah was hiding away for a few days, when I thought he was blue, so I didn't want to disturb him, I even dangled a pinky in his hide which he ate. Anyway, today was his next feed day and he was out an about so I put him in a seperate container for his feed so I could spot clean his faun, I couldn't find his shed so I thought maybe I was mistaken, but I eventually found it, it was entwined around the silk vine he along the back wall of the faun, lol. It was in 2 pieces. The eye caps were intact, but it was missing the tail, I have checked Elijah and he has no loose skin left over, so I reckon I may have to have a rummage through the substrate. But I'd like to class it as a successful shed.
n/a Posted - 29/11/2009 : 20:05:54
YAY!
Congratulations!!
I hope that it goes smoothly!!
xx
lmfastcars Posted - 29/11/2009 : 19:15:53
congratulations :D its exciting seeing their shed, although its hard not to hold them throughout that period
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 29/11/2009 : 17:17:38
Aww sounds great! Our male shed yesterday for the 1st time since we got him and it was so exciting to watch [:-D]

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000