The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Snow Corn Regurgitating

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 04:36:32
hey everyone this is my first post ever so im sorry if it doesnt like work so well. i bought a snow corn about a month ago and the shopkeeper said it was about 3-4 months old. i didnt mind the age because i already had a fluorescent orange and it was compltely healthy. when i brought the snow corn home i put it into his new cage, it had 2 caves, water bowl, and wood chip bedding. i gave him his first meal after a few days of letting him settle into his cage and he took it nicely. i left him alone for a few days and when i looked again the dead pinkie was in the cage. i fed it again a few days later and he threw that up as well. im getting worried now because he only had one that he actually digested properly. can anyone give me any advice? thanks
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pooh Sticks Posted - 24/01/2010 : 17:41:15
Snakes are opportunistic feeders and so will take a feed when it is offered, nothing to do with him liking a regular pattern.
gingerpony Posted - 22/01/2010 : 13:00:33
quote:
Originally posted by Grecko

i feed him a tiny pinkie on sundays, then i feed him another pinkie on wednesdays. he seems to like that eating pattern more.

i'd personally feed no more frequently than every 5 days, snakes haven't evolved to deal with constantly digesting a meal and may end up with other health problems because of it
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/01/2010 : 13:00:29
How do you control the temps?

You say you use a heat mat, but are you controlling the heat mat with a thermostat?

Also, how are you checking the temps? Do you have a Thermometer set up in the tank? If so what are the temps in the warm and cold end?

n/a Posted - 20/01/2010 : 10:26:12
The temps and everything is fine:) thanks hannahb:D i tried to just keep the room hes in in the dark for a few days and it seemed to work:) he got a bit more settled down and started taking food from me again (i hand feed, i hold the pinkie and i feed it to him i just dont like using tongs) :D i didnt get any records written on paper but he shop keeper said that he shedded a few times and he was eating fine:) and i defrost the pinkie by putting it in lukewarm-warm water for about 10-15 mins. hes eating again but now i feed him a tiny pinkie on sundays, then i feed him another pinkie on wednesdays. he seems to like that eating pattern more.
gingerpony Posted - 31/12/2009 : 12:52:57
quote:
Originally posted by Grecko

im planning on feeding him a tiny pinkie in about 3 days beacause i want to let his stomach acids go down a bit. anyone help a bit please?

leave it at least another week, cover the faun/tub/viv with a towel and leave him in the dark till then..........

and if that doesn't work and your 110% sure your set-up is spot on then i'd really recommend you take him to an exotics vet hun
HannahB Posted - 31/12/2009 : 12:17:39
dont handle him at all for the time being until hes feeding again..

leave him for 7-10days so that the gut flora can regenerate and get back to their normal levels then try him a tiny pinkie left out to defrost for a few hours,

what are his temps. the warm end should be around 27-29' maximum of 30, the cool end should be around 20-23'

how are you defrosting the pinkie?
and when you got him did you get his feeding/shedding records? was he eating fine before you got him?

oh and one more q.. before he started to regurge everything was he pooping fine? there are no swellings or anything along his body?
n/a Posted - 31/12/2009 : 11:07:31
he regurgd again... i use a heat mat because i like that more its easier to control. hes got a toiletpaper tube as a cage which he likes to coil in and another one thats ripped in 2 for the cold end which he likes moving around. i fed him sunday and he regurged on wednesday.. i didnt handle him at all and he was under as little stress as i could keep him in. hes still throwing everything up and im getting very worried about him because every meal i have given him hes regurged.

right now i moved his cage to a more enclosed space where hes completely alone and nothing is going to affect his temperatures or anything except his heat mat which i leave on 24/7. im planning on feeding him a tiny pinkie in about 3 days beacause i want to let his stomach acids go down a bit. anyone help a bit please?
gingerpony Posted - 19/12/2009 : 21:31:42
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:

...or itchy gp.

i'm not itchy................

the dots give it away. itchys the name of the mouse in the simpsons on the tv show the kids watch, when he finds ways to kill scatchy the cat... get with it.

i'm not blonde either hillzi hun
hillzi Posted - 19/12/2009 : 15:55:31
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:

...or itchy gp.

the dots give it away. itchys the name of the mouse in the simpsons on the tv show the kids watch, when he finds ways to kill scatchy the cat... get with it.

Are his temps correct Grecko?
n/a Posted - 19/12/2009 : 05:15:31
hey he just regurged again.. im not sure why cuz he ate perfectly fine and hes got the right temps and stuff. can anyone give me some advice please?
gingerpony Posted - 11/12/2009 : 13:14:43
glad he's doing ok hun
n/a Posted - 11/12/2009 : 00:31:25
hey i just moved the heat pad around and got the right temperatures:D i fed him a few days ago and i handled him yesterday and he hasnt regurged today:d thanks everyone for the help:D i was really worried:D thanks
gingerpony Posted - 01/12/2009 : 21:35:47
quote:

...or itchy gp.

hillzi Posted - 01/12/2009 : 11:00:37
Good well done.

Or Minnie, or itchy gp.

Kellog Posted - 01/12/2009 : 05:39:04
Glad he ate his mouse well Grecko...now you just have the wait til you can handle him again. Dont worry, all of us with one snake go through those frustrating 48hrs when we cant get them out - I miss Kelllog so much then!! But it is vital so has to be endured!

xxx
n/a Posted - 01/12/2009 : 03:41:30
haha ok hillzi thanks:D ill make sure ill let him eat:D he jst ate his mouse pretty hungrily about a day ago so im going to try pick him up in a few days:D
gingerpony Posted - 30/11/2009 : 21:20:00
quote:

...best to leave them 48 hours after devouring Micky.

...or Stuart lol
hiper2009 Posted - 30/11/2009 : 17:38:14
Agree with Hillzi !!
hillzi Posted - 30/11/2009 : 16:01:05
Not a good plan mate, best to leave them 48 hours after devouring Micky.

I know its hard, but resist you must.

Welcome btw.
n/a Posted - 29/11/2009 : 23:50:03
oh ok thanks ginger. it was probably the handling.. i was really excited about getting a baby corn snake i kept handling him so yea.. thanks for the advice:)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000