The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Moving up to "Fuzzies" ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pop-rivet Posted - 26/11/2009 : 15:14:47
My Corn is 4 months old in Dec. Having refused food for 10 days when I got him/her then took the pinkie.
Moved onto two at about 2.5 months old (sheds every 4 weeks almost like a clock)
Problem is last two feeds he was hunting after eating 2 pinkies so on the last feed I offerd him 3.
Which he took before settling although he is now at 3.5 months old 21" long approx but not very large in the head or girth.
The question is "is it time for Fuzzies that may be too large" or carry on with 3 X Pinkies!
Very tame as well he/she comes up to edge of viv if I open up goes straight onto my hand (then up my sleeve turns round and settles with head poking out of the end of my sleeve looking round).
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 04/12/2009 : 13:39:28
quote:
Originally posted by pop-rivet

Right here is the update.
"Rocky" took the "Fuzzie" more or less 4 months old now. When I gave it to Him/Her last night I thought "no way" is that "going down"
But it did
Thanks Guy's & Gall's for the info

If you think that looked impossible checkout in the video section Kellog's out of viv feed! That is a jumbo mouse going down and for that feed (only his 2nd on jumbos I think) it took 8 mins from strike to tail down. Fed him yesterday and it took about 5 mins. Their jaws adjust and they get used to the size so it gets easier for them. Amazing creatures, arent they!

xxx
n/a Posted - 04/12/2009 : 09:59:16

Yes, it looks impossible when you look at sname vs mouse, then they open their mouth.....

pop-rivet Posted - 04/12/2009 : 08:34:29
Right here is the update.
"Rocky" took the "Fuzzie" more or less 4 months old now. When I gave it to Him/Her last night I thought "no way" is that "going down"
But it did
Thanks Guy's & Gall's for the info
hiper2009 Posted - 27/11/2009 : 11:58:53
quote:

OK I will come back and let you know, it will be after his next feed (not going to waste 3 pinkies).

I'd personaly get a fuzy and try him/her on that.
PunkAsF82 Posted - 27/11/2009 : 09:11:23
give the little guy a chance to get his gob around some fuzz
pop-rivet Posted - 27/11/2009 : 09:06:48
OK I will come back and let you know, it will be after his next feed (not going to waste 3 pinkies).
hiper2009 Posted - 26/11/2009 : 22:43:59
quote:

OK thanks I will do what they ^^ said. Fuzzie next

Let us know how it goes on next feed with fuzzie
pop-rivet Posted - 26/11/2009 : 19:25:12
OK thanks I will do what they ^^ said. Fuzzie next
lmfastcars Posted - 26/11/2009 : 18:09:08
What he said ^^
hillzi Posted - 26/11/2009 : 18:06:15
I'd give the fuzz a try mate!

HannahB Posted - 26/11/2009 : 17:49:00
corns will eat however many pinkies they get offered - they are opportunistic feeders so in the wild they will eat whatever they can get their scales round,and its the same if they are captive - they dont know when to expect another feed
if hes taking three then he probably would be fine with a fuzzy
pop-rivet Posted - 26/11/2009 : 15:38:21
OK ! a bump shows but with 3 pinkies its about 1.5" long He took all 3 (last time) within about 10 mins (was being fed every 4 - 5 days) as I saw info that up to 4 months you feed 4 - 5 days then 6 days (Fuzzies) then settle on 7 days when on mice.
I would think he would not take more than he needs (as once when on 2 he only took one).
To be fair when he took the 3 it was right after a shed (6 days).
Thanks... Les
hiper2009 Posted - 26/11/2009 : 15:26:24
When you feed your baby with pinkys do you see a bump when it swallows it down, if not then i think you should move up to the next size

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000