The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Feeding Problems

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Xitania Posted - 25/11/2009 : 07:47:28
2 days ago i just bought a snow Corn snake which is, according to the breeder, 4 months old. I already have 2 corn snakes which are 3 months each and they are much much bigger then the one i bought. How can that be?? Besides the snow seems a bit skinny and now my problem is that the snow corn snake does not want to eat. Should I worry or shall I give it a bit more time?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xitania Posted - 25/11/2009 : 10:12:25
Hi Kellog thanks a lot for your welcome :)

Your links really helped out and im going to try what has been suggested. Since im not THAT experienced with snakes yet i appreciate your help a lot. At least my mind is already a bit at rest.

Thanks
xxx
Kellog Posted - 25/11/2009 : 09:12:41
Welcome to the forum Xitania! Why dont you do a post in the welcome section so people can say hi properly?

I cant help you with the size difference regarding your 2 orignal 3 month old snakes and your new 4 month old, except to say that it sounds as though it might have been a non-feeder to begin with and is therefore a bit behind in development. I do know that snakes grow at different rates, but that does not seem an adequate explanation for your snakes. I am sure those with more experience will be able to answer you better, although it might be helpful knowing their weights.

With regard to your new snake not feeding I am surprised you have not been told about the one-week rule. You need to leave your snake for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let him settle into his new surroundings by leaving him without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way he gets used to your smell. He probably didnt eat because he was too stressed still and unsettled in his new environment. If you have been handling him and have obviously tried to feed him, I would start the one-week rule from today.

If the snake continues to be a problem feeder this topic may be useful http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720.

The care sheet on here is also very helpful(http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for snake owners. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

I do hope you got as much info from the breeder on the snake when you bought him....shedding history, feeding history etc. If not then contact the breeder again and ask more questions. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

I am sure there will be more advice from the more experienced owners on the forum soon.

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000