The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Lots of saliva/mucus drooling from mouth !

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 24/11/2009 : 20:19:57
Earler when i had my snake out it suddenly started to drool, he appears to be fine now, but im concered about what it may have been. He is not showing signs of any signs of illness.
Is it possible for corns to regurgitate water?
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sammysnake Posted - 26/11/2009 : 16:39:05
I check Twilight's temps several times a day in passing. A couple of days ago I found the same thing as Mnementh - he had moved the themostat probe and the mat temp was measuring 36c. I'm just really pleased that I know for a fact it had only been that way for a short time because of the regular checking. The stat is set to 29c.
Mnementh Posted - 26/11/2009 : 15:41:36
Take him to a vet and get a stat , in case that has'nt sunk in , get a STAT .

It annoys me no end people who have no stats to regulate the mats , I don't understand people who say they have had no problems without a stat either . I'm a bit peeved atm about this because last night went to feed the 2 blizzards and knew instantly I picked the female up she was too warm . I checked the mat , it had hit 117 degrees and the green light was still on and would have gone higher .
The problem was she had dislodged the probe and it was right in the angle of the viv , just off the mat . Now I check every now and then I do think she had gone one whole day like this .
People say they will move to the cold end , clearly she was enjoying being in an oven , I'm just hoping that won't upset her system .

Even though you know now to get a stat , I believe it should be the first thing any potential snake keeper should buy "first" .
Blackecho Posted - 25/11/2009 : 06:49:44
Agree with all the above, get a vet appointment and buy a stat today.
gingerpony Posted - 24/11/2009 : 23:08:38
quote:
Originally posted by chaia0807

I KNOW i need to get a stat im more intrested in finding out what wrong with him thats what this post was ABOUT

like eeji said - get to a vet rather than on a forum them.............
eeji Posted - 24/11/2009 : 22:54:15
quote:
Originally posted by chaia0807

I KNOW i need to get a stat im more intrested in finding out what wrong with him thats what this post was ABOUT

the problem with him is the temperatures are too high for because you don't have your heat source statted

if he's blowing bubbles, then you need a visit to the vets to get a possible infection treated
matty18714 Posted - 24/11/2009 : 21:44:00
You can do both at the same time, dont get narky with someone who is explaining the problem, cause, and treatment to you.
n/a Posted - 24/11/2009 : 21:40:20
gingerpony Posted - 24/11/2009 : 21:37:09
buy a stat!! i've got a matstat that i'd sell for £20 & £3 P&P....

in the meantime i'd normally recommend changing your temps to try and get him to fight it off himself but you can't really do that. provide a diagonal branch for him to perch on with his head lower than his body to help drain mucous, you could try nebulising with F10 too........
n/a Posted - 24/11/2009 : 21:34:18
Another point to add which my bf just mentioned as he dealt with the situation more than me is that the top part of the bottom of him went in but did come back out
a33272 Posted - 24/11/2009 : 21:31:54
get a stat but in mean time dependin on how hot ya house is turn it off
n/a Posted - 24/11/2009 : 21:22:50
I know that why he is staying higher up.
Any tips on trying to lower it?
eeji Posted - 24/11/2009 : 21:18:34
he's sitting higher up because your temperature is way too high. you need to be aming for 27-29 deg C tops at the warm end. Ignore cool end temperature for now, this will sit at your room temperature which will be ok.
n/a Posted - 24/11/2009 : 21:10:45
Most the time when i see him he is usually at the warmer end but on top of things higher up which i spose makes it cooler than it is on the surface.
gingerpony Posted - 24/11/2009 : 21:05:43
you really need a stat to get the temperature controlled, if the warm end is that warm he'll probably be spending all his time in the cool end which can leave him susceptible to infections.....which i think he's now got.
n/a Posted - 24/11/2009 : 20:52:19
I am currently using a heat mat and at the this moment in time i only have a thermometer to check, so am not able to control it appropriatly as the thermostat did have broke.
I am not to sure as he was facing the other way and it just suddely appeared.
matty18714 Posted - 24/11/2009 : 20:41:41
It does sound like an RI. How are you heating it and how are you controling the heater? When the snake was drooling, did it have its mouth fully open or just a bit?
n/a Posted - 24/11/2009 : 20:39:56
The cooler end stay around 24C but i do have trouble keeping the warmer end down to the correct temp, i do try to keep it at 31C but it has gone up to 37C before
gingerpony Posted - 24/11/2009 : 20:31:09
sounds like the beginning of a respiratory infection...........what are your temps like?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000