The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Food Regurg

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 24/11/2009 : 09:33:41
Hi guys,

I wonder if you could help me with something that has started to concern me. Sunday was Chuie's third feed with me, and the feed itself went fine, he struck at his food and gobbled it down in no time.

The last two times i have fed him, i have come back to his viv approx 24-36 hours later to find one of the pinkies i fed him, (i feed him 2 small pinkies every sunday), regurgitated in the viv.

The temps in his viv are fine, and i feed him outside of his viv so as not to get any substrate in his feed. He always keeps one down and approx half the other pinkie.

Does it sound like he is being overfed or just that 2 pinkies is too much bone etc for him?

He is 3 1/2 months old, almost 4 months old, weighs 16g and is 37cm long.

Should he be on 1 fluff instead of 2 pinkies to minimise the amount of bone etc?

Food is defrosted to room temp before all feeds.

Hope you can help

Thanks

P.s. I was registered with you guys, bu had to wipe my HDD so i re-registered as i forgot my password Doh! old username: SnakesRGreat
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 24/11/2009 : 12:50:22
That would explain why he regurg for a second time i guess, as i never left him.

I will wait until the 6th then and feed him just 1 pinkie and cut the timeframe down from once a week to once every 5 days or so.

Ta guys
eeji Posted - 24/11/2009 : 12:21:50
if you feed 1 pinky at a time every 5 days that shouls be fine until he gets a bit bigger
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/11/2009 : 12:06:27
Also, don't feed him for about 10-14 days since his last regurge.
If you feed him to soon after a regurge his stomach wont have time to build up the digestive enzymes properly. You'll end up with another regurge.

For example, if he regurgitated sometime yesterday (23rd Nov) then I wouldn't feed him until AT LEAST Thursday 3rd December, maybe even wait until Sunday the 6th to be extra sure and to bring him back to his normal feeding day.
n/a Posted - 24/11/2009 : 11:11:02
ok thanks for the responses guys, i will move him back down to a single pinkie once a week then

I will also ctrl+c that rather lovely list you printed there sexybear so i have an idea of what is useful for the future.

Chuie
SexyBear77 Posted - 24/11/2009 : 10:59:10
This is the feed chart-
-Single pinks (2-3g) every 5-6 days. (Snake = 4-15g)
-Double pinks (3g x 2) every 5-6 days. (Snake = 16-23g)
-Small fuzzies (5-7g) every 6-7 days. (Snake = 24-30g)
-Regular fuzzies (7-9g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 30-50g)
-Hoppers (9-12g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 51-90g)
-Weaned (14-20g) every 7 days (Snake = 91-170g)
-Adult (20-30g) every 7-x days (Snake = 170+)

Even though this says that yours could take 2 pinkies, the fact he keeps regurging 1 says otherwise. Either try him on just one or take him down the vets. Corns are opportunistic feeders so they will keep eating when presented with food even when they cant take anymore.

PunkAsF82 Posted - 24/11/2009 : 09:45:02
sounds like 2 pinkies are a little too much for a little guy like him

I will admit i haven't much experiance but by the sounds of it, and mostly common sense, if he's only bringing one up, it may be that he is literally too full

I'd suggest just taking him down to one and seeing how he does. Or. If he is big enough. Maybe move him on up to fluffs, may help.

But wait till someone like GP of Kehhlyr comes along to yay or nay my view lol!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000