The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lmfastcars Posted - 19/11/2009 : 19:43:09
I am a bit worried becasue fluffy has been curling behind his hiding place all day in the cool side and hasnt really moved at all. When i picked him up just tehn to check on him, he was freezing cold and he is normally quite active in my hands but this time he was really slow and when he taps his head into my fingers, hes normally faster to move back and go in the right direction but this time he was just slowly moved to the right direction. Can someone please help im well worried?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 21/11/2009 : 20:14:30
oooooooooooooooh!!!!!

it's VERY rare for me n BE to disagree on something!!!!!
gingerpony Posted - 21/11/2009 : 20:13:39
they can BE............
from experience..... particularly in the winter when the ambient temperature drops and the 'cool end' of the viv becomes the 'downright-arctic end' then they can seem to lose the will to find heat themselves even when it's there.
and on such occasions disturbing them or actually putting them in the warm end get them acting normally after a few hours
HannahB Posted - 21/11/2009 : 13:47:29
ah right thanks for clearing that up for me
Blackecho Posted - 20/11/2009 : 14:39:24
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

quote:

if you find that he hasnt moved for several days then you could move him yourself into the warm end, as snakes get cold they dont move much so if in a few days hes still in the cold end maybe move him into the warm..

i thought that when they got too cold they didnt move much though? thats all i meant, didnt mean pick him up if he moved 10mins ago or something,i apolagise as i think ive got that wrong then

You're right, they do slow down, but not so much that they won't be able to get to the warm end if they want to.
lmfastcars Posted - 20/11/2009 : 13:02:01
thanks every one ill try the stuff suggested:)
Kellog Posted - 20/11/2009 : 10:58:34
What are the viv temps? At the moment Fluffy has only been curling up like that in his cold end for one day. When you handle him make sure you handle him enough to warm him up and get him active and then return him to the warm end. Definitely check the temps and maybe raise the temp in the cool end slightly. Once snakes have got particularly cold they can sometimes lose the desire to find somewhere warmer and in that case may require moving to the warmer end but it would be best to try and warm up his viv first. (with thanks to GP for the advice to me regarding cold snakes!)

xxx

xxx
HannahB Posted - 20/11/2009 : 07:57:10
quote:

if you find that he hasnt moved for several days then you could move him yourself into the warm end, as snakes get cold they dont move much so if in a few days hes still in the cold end maybe move him into the warm..

i thought that when they got too cold they didnt move much though? thats all i meant, didnt mean pick him up if he moved 10mins ago or something,i apolagise as i think ive got that wrong then
Kellog Posted - 20/11/2009 : 05:33:42
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

He will move if he wants to, that is, if the hot and cold hides are the same and one isn't better than the other.

Agree, I'd be furious if someone dragged me out of bed and plonked me next to a radiator.

Definitely agree BE and SB - Fluffy will know where the hot end is and the hot hide and will move if he wants to. The only thing necessary is to check that your temps are ok in both ends.

xxx
a33272 Posted - 20/11/2009 : 02:29:53
my python does the same he spent the last 4 days in his cold hide but at 7.30 yesterday morning he was out an about under his heat lamp and was there all day.......... and is still there think hes fell asleep as hes hanging of the branches in a weird way
SexyBear77 Posted - 20/11/2009 : 00:41:36
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

He will move if he wants to, that is, if the hot and cold hides are the same and one isn't better than the other.

Agree, I'd be furious if someone dragged me out of bed and plonked me next to a radiator.
Blackecho Posted - 19/11/2009 : 21:58:03
HannahB Posted - 19/11/2009 : 20:03:55
n/a Posted - 19/11/2009 : 19:54:08
There is probably nothing to worry about, snakes are cold blooded so will always feel cold to you. Hold it in your hands a little while so that he absorbs your body heat, you should see that when he warms up a little that he will become more active.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000