The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Salmonellla

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 17/11/2009 : 21:33:29
Hi All i was on cam handling my snake to (Kellog)

And i kissed my snake i always do as i love them so much and (Kellog) she said i will get Salmonellla if i put them near my mouth so am i sick now ? Im worried now
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 22/11/2009 : 04:46:21
I need to apologise for this whole topic...as was watching Hiper on webcam with Romeo...saw him kiss him...and couldnt help mentioning the salmonella topic (not being entirely serious! ).

So, sorry for worrying you hiper , but some good info has come out of it!!

xxx
gingerpony Posted - 21/11/2009 : 12:04:07
but having said that, i DO kiss my snakes, especialy Marilyn and Tease
gingerpony Posted - 21/11/2009 : 12:03:28
back on topic (as this is something i've been wondering about my madagascan day geckos....) the main risk of salmonella is with tropical species that require high humidity eg. rainbow boas (and my maddies!!), as the 'bug' is kept alive in that kind of environment and is transmissable from rep to keeper.
corns are kept in a dry environment with humidity at normal UK levels so the risk of catching salmonella from your cornssnake is minimal however good hygiene procedures should always be followed.

having been quite ill with an unidentified 'tummy bug' for 12 days i was starting to think about salmonella as i must admit, my hygiene is very lax with the maddies....
PunkAsF82 Posted - 20/11/2009 : 18:30:22
hah ai used to kiss tartan all the time. i still kiss cooper even though it's like kissing a pincushion
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/11/2009 : 14:54:19
They don't actually taste of much.
Unless dusted with a bit of salt, and some garlic dip. Yummy.
Kellog Posted - 20/11/2009 : 05:36:05
Must admit that the thought of what Kellog has been sliding through in his substrate does not encourage me to try to taste him!!

xxx
lee2308 Posted - 19/11/2009 : 20:07:05
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

Ive always kissed my snakes just like i kiss my dogs i dont see any wrong doing by this

Apart from the fact they have been licking their b**ls and A**e*.
Sammysnake Posted - 19/11/2009 : 19:14:09
quote:
We've already got Sam'n'Ella...

I'm Sam and I've worked 1:1 with a little girl at school called Ella for the past four years. Never made the connection before - how weird is that.
lmfastcars Posted - 19/11/2009 : 18:47:10
good on you, i do that to my snake becasue he is just so cute
hiper2009 Posted - 18/11/2009 : 12:23:49
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

quote:
Originally posted by kizzig

lol!

i think if you have kissed them before then you probably would have had it by now?

Ive always kissed my snakes just like i kiss my dogs i dont see any wrong doing by this
HannahB Posted - 18/11/2009 : 07:02:14
quote:
Originally posted by kizzig

lol!

i think if you have kissed them before then you probably would have had it by now?
kizzig Posted - 17/11/2009 : 22:20:39
hiper2009 Posted - 17/11/2009 : 22:00:41
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

You will. I think it best to get your 2 snakes to me, before you go down hill to much.

Seriously though, you should be ok.
We did have a discussion somewhere recently about Salmonella, http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6752

That should answer a few of the questions, but it's highly unlikely you will contract it from the snake.

Is it true you licked a snake to find out what it taste like ? And no way are you getting my babys maybe ill buy you a hatchling for easter
Kehhlyr Posted - 17/11/2009 : 21:56:35
You will. I think it best to get your 2 snakes to me, before you go down hill to much.

Seriously though, you should be ok.
We did have a discussion somewhere recently about Salmonella, http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6752

That should answer a few of the questions, but it's highly unlikely you will contract it from the snake.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000