The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 colour change, sheding, hideing info

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 14/11/2009 : 01:10:31
hay all

rite every thing im reading suggests that my snakes eyes will turn blue before she sheds but

she has gone quite pale skin wise with no blue eyes just a little milkey looking (i know this can also be normal) so im guessing that she is due a shed any day now

also we have two corns in the house hold seprate vivs in seprate rooms any my snake seams to hide away most of the time... temps are fine feeding fine etc etc even handles well

so any more advise other than the home work i did before i got may snake will be cool

cheers
pete
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 19/11/2009 : 05:33:32
This will help you out with posting pics http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14 - any problems ask for help.

xxx
n/a Posted - 19/11/2009 : 00:31:57
i have some piccys but how do i load them up and is there a set size in pixles they need to be
Kellog Posted - 18/11/2009 : 05:23:36
So glad she shed pete. Sorry you didnt see it happen, it is amazing to watch! Cant wait to see some pics of her new Mr Sheened look!

xxx
n/a Posted - 17/11/2009 : 20:59:37
shiny its like she has be mr sheened

still its her first shed with me so i know all the tell tail things to look for now and i much wiser for it i have kept the shed too kinda cool

i remeber when i was younger me and my dad used to go over the woods looking for viper (adult male adder) skins very cool stuff
kizzig Posted - 17/11/2009 : 12:47:24
Glad she shed ok, it's amazing to see the difference in colour post shed! Ours have both shed within the last week, so they're both looking nice and shiny and new! (And growing like weeds like yours by the sound of it!)
n/a Posted - 17/11/2009 : 11:28:53
well last night she shed and looks lovley today i mesured he shed at 2 ft 5 inches so she is getting bigger
hillzi Posted - 14/11/2009 : 21:33:44
useful!? of course wer'e usefull!!

I keep saying this, I love how forums, are so wide varried in experience and techniques, we'll help you find the best way for you to care for your snake, and provide you help when you need it.
Tizzy Posted - 14/11/2009 : 21:20:28
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

]

this is edison in blue, his eyes are usually a greyish shade

That is the most adorable picture Hannah, you should enter that in this months compo.

n/a Posted - 14/11/2009 : 14:29:29
ahh thats ok misty is fine

the fact sheets i have seen dont say anything about the snake getting brighter again so thats a usefull tip

thanks i knew joining the forum would prove usefull
HannahB Posted - 14/11/2009 : 11:59:33
same as what kellog has said really,
if your snakes have dark eyes then it is fairly noticable when they are in blue, with red eyes its not so clear as they tend to go a milky pale pink but it can be easy to miss, the best thing you notice is their colours dulling a lot and then brightening up again, usually about 5days after the colours brightening up they tend to shed

this is edison in blue, his eyes are usually a greyish shade

hope this helps
Stumpy Posted - 14/11/2009 : 11:55:39
Corns are more active in the evening and tend to hide during the day.
Also if in shed they tend to stay in their safe environment. They also stay hidden while digesting their food.
n/a Posted - 14/11/2009 : 11:52:16
ok thats ace

just had me a little worried both snakes are very diffrent in there habbits

her eyes are just misty not blue at all but i will keep a close eye and wait to see if she has any more of a colour change to them

thanks for your help
pete
Kellog Posted - 14/11/2009 : 06:18:54
Firstly with regards to the shed, I know with some snakes - particularly the red-eyed ones - their blue phase does not come out as noticeably as with others. She should stay blue for a few days, go back to her normal colour for a few days and then shed. What type of corn is she? If she is in shed you can help by adding some spagnum moss or misting her viv once a day, just a little bit, to up the humidity slightly.

Secondly, I know you have 2 corns but all corns are different and react differently. Maybe yours just prefers to hide away during the day and is out and about at night. As long as everything in the viv is ok and she is feeding, drinking, pooing etc, I wouldnt worry.

Am sure someone with more experience will be able to reassure you as well.

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000