The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Is this Normal ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 19/10/2009 : 17:25:58
Hey so Khan has been really inactive the past week and a bit im getting a little worried as he has always been very active at night. He is staying in the one hide not the one he could usually be found in but the on in the warm side. I lifted the hide to check on him after a couple days of not seeing him and he didn't move as he usually would being pretty skittish the way he is touched him and he lifted his head a bit but other wise did not move. have been checking on him daily and seem to be getting more of a reaction from him now . . . well he struck at me anyways He obviously came out at some point last night as he had shed but is now back under the hide.

Any ideas of what could be up ? the temps are fine and he is still eating ok not sure if i should be visiting the vets or if im just being silly worrying over nothing.

Thanx
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 21/10/2009 : 19:24:21
You're very welcome, glad it all worked out ok.
n/a Posted - 21/10/2009 : 13:06:40
Hey Thanx guys the day i made this post he came out like he hadn't been hiding for the better part of a week. Must have been because he was shedding ? Never done that last time although was harder to tell i spose as he was in a small tab at the time. I'll know what to expect for next time now though.

Thanx again.
SexyBear77 Posted - 20/10/2009 : 15:12:17
quote:
Originally posted by lynne06

I would have said that the temps are to low generally in the viv, have you checked the temps in both the cool end and the warm end. He probably is comeing out at night but if its to cold in the rest of his viv then he may just stick to the warm. If he's eating than is most likely not that hes poorly. Sorry I'm not more help its hard to advise over a snake you can't see, lol. Sure he's fine hun.

good point, low temps can cause lethargy and "sluggish" behaviour, and if he has taken to the warm side when he is usually in the cold side then he may be trying to seek heat.

Double check that all your probes and temps are ok, and just keep an eye on him. He could well just be shedding.
n/a Posted - 20/10/2009 : 14:20:41
that is also a good point HannahB if hes in blue he will be almost blind and wont come out cuz he feels vonerable (don't think I spelt that right) sound pretty normal really they do have times where they just wont to hide away.
HannahB Posted - 19/10/2009 : 18:29:12
check the temps..warm end should be around 27-30'c and the cool end at room temp..
are you sure he wasnt just hiding because he was in shed?
n/a Posted - 19/10/2009 : 17:49:27
I would have said that the temps are to low generally in the viv, have you checked the temps in both the cool end and the warm end. He probably is comeing out at night but if its to cold in the rest of his viv then he may just stick to the warm. If he's eating than is most likely not that hes poorly. Sorry I'm not more help its hard to advise over a snake you can't see, lol. Sure he's fine hun.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000