The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Friends snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 12/10/2009 : 22:35:38
Hey all im posting this for a friend who does not have access to the internet,

He has a 6year old normal cornsnake and its about 5ft and he fed it on a large mouse yesterday inside the viv but as the mouse was eating it he noticed it had one of the beech chippings stuck on to the mouse he was to late to get near the snakes mouth to get the chiping out he was woundering if this will pass out when it poo's or if it needs to go to the reptile vet
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
devilsmistress Posted - 13/10/2009 : 16:34:13
Yea I noticed that to! well whoever's snake it is, Hope it is ok!
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/10/2009 : 16:07:39
thought your mate was a bloke hiper?
matty18714 Posted - 13/10/2009 : 16:00:37
Make sure the snake is well hydrated.
hiper2009 Posted - 13/10/2009 : 12:43:20
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I'd agree with what every so far has said. Providing it's not to big a bit, then hopefully it'll get passed through.

Sometimes you wont always notice if it does, so don't worry to much if you don't see it.

Thx i will let my friend know that hopefully that should let her stop worrying so much
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/10/2009 : 11:11:56
I'd agree with what every so far has said. Providing it's not to big a bit, then hopefully it'll get passed through.

Sometimes you wont always notice if it does, so don't worry to much if you don't see it.
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/10/2009 : 09:54:06
as Hannah said, substrate usually gets passed through ok but it can depend on the size of the chipping. Watch out for any signs of ill health, constipartion etc, and if you have any doubts get your mate to pop the snake along to an exotics vet. good luck!
HannahB Posted - 13/10/2009 : 06:56:57
tell your mate to keep an eye on it and if it doesnt go to the loo as usual or develops swelling somwhere along the gut then go to the vets.. also suggest that they put some kitchen towel down aswell before feeding so it cant happen again
Kellog Posted - 13/10/2009 : 02:55:47
Sorry Hiper, cant answer your question but hope that your friend's snake is ok. xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000