The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Galaxy update - and I'm back online again!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Williamson Posted - 11/10/2009 : 19:19:10
HI guys,

I haven't posted for a few weeks now but just thought I'd update you on everything. I have a new laptop and will become more active again.

Recap: I bought Galaxy just over 6 weeks ago. We had trouble getting her to feed and I took her back to the shop where I bought her from.
I took her back around 3 and half weeks back.

Jon managed to get her to eat by assist feeding. He thought that once she had a taste for food she'd happily eat in the normal way.....

This was unfortunatly not the case. She has continued to assist feed every 3-4 days since. I have been over to the shop everytime and studied what Jon has shown me and now she doesn't so much need an assist feed, it's more like spoon fed

I'll basically handle Galaxy until she settles which takes around 5 - 10 seconds, I then take a light grip about and inch away from her head and just nudge her mouth with the pinkie, sometimes she'll bite straight away, if not I let her move around and reposition her into the same position again. She always bites the second time of offering, this time she even struck at the pinkie!! Once she has a bite, I place her back into her rub and allow her to consume the pinkie which usually takes her about 7 minutes to swallow and move the pinkie into the middle of her stomoch.

We have managed to get her to put on weight and show definete growth. I'd again like to thank Jon for his help and support in helping me to cope with a non feeder. I think some snakes are just lazy, she is happy to eat, but only if the work is done for her!! lol

If she feeds again from me on tuesday, with no help from Jon, she'll come home

There is a similer experience in Practical Reptile magaziine, which is probably described better than I have here.

In other news, my other half fel in love with a Beardie I had my eye on and we are now proud parents of a dragon called Herb, pic to come.

Hope everyone is well.

Rich
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 12/10/2009 : 22:14:44
More pics please
SexyBear77 Posted - 12/10/2009 : 13:08:12
very glad to hear that Galaxy is doing so well. she is a lovely colour and really suits her name!
HannahB Posted - 12/10/2009 : 11:11:52
i loooove galaxy...more pics wanted at some point soon

glad hes feeding now even if he is a bit lazy about it lol
Kellog Posted - 12/10/2009 : 00:15:27
Glad Galaxy is partially feeding unassisted! Know you may be waving it into his mouth but at least he is biting and eating and you are not having to force it down him. Guess it will just be a case of time now, and how he reacts to coming home and you doing the feeds. Its great he is putting on weight, must be such a relief for you. Keep us up to date.
Congrats on the beardie as well. xxx
Williamson Posted - 11/10/2009 : 20:34:24
Here is Galaxy feeding

n/a Posted - 11/10/2009 : 19:32:35

Thanks for the update and congratulations to the proud parents!

Let us know how it goes with Galaxy, sounds like soon she will need no assistance whatsoever and you will have a proper feeder who will wolf down the goodies you offer .

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000