The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 help- saggy skin under chin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 09/10/2009 : 16:34:07
hiya,

please help me

have a 3yr old corn snake, fluffy.

and recently iv noticed this under his chin,

http://i34.tinypic.com/3142f5z.jpg

to me it seems like saggy skin, i dont think it could be a tumour or anything as when he moves it dissappears, this picture was taken about 2 minutes after the first as he moved around his tank.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2luqffb.jpg

could it just be extra skin?
why havnt i noticed it before?

he is eating fine and acting as always

thanks for ur help xxx
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lucifer Posted - 15/10/2009 : 12:58:16
Hope all is well, fingers crossed for you
HannahB Posted - 15/10/2009 : 11:25:40
hope everything went ok at the vets
Kellog Posted - 15/10/2009 : 04:07:46
Any news on Fluffy and the visit to the vets? xxx
n/a Posted - 14/10/2009 : 20:42:42
How did you get on at the vets Laula - hope all was OK.
gingerpony Posted - 09/10/2009 : 21:10:44
purely from the pic i'd say a potential abscess......... treatable with a course of antibiotics but i'd definitely keep your appointment at the vets, and keep us posted too
Jono2411 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 17:09:47
i think you have made the right choice booking him into the vets, the most we can give you is (sometimes educated) guesses whereas a vet has been trained to diagnose these sorts of things... (apologies if i've overlooked any vets on the site)
devilsmistress Posted - 09/10/2009 : 16:54:26
Oh Er how weird, I cant say i have seen anything like it either? Hope it goes well for the little fella at the vets on monday. The only thing I could think it could be is like a swelling from when he ate. Like a mouse bone scratched him inside or something? I know some of mine have broken legs when they come out the freezer. But then I could be thinking to the extreem!
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 16:53:15
sounds good, just thinking that some snakes that are over weight can develop "saggy" areas, but obviously cant tell from just his head and neck! what is his feeding regime?

edited for shocking spelling
n/a Posted - 09/10/2009 : 16:48:26
not sure of his weight, everything else is fine, im at work at the moment and dont have a full body pic with me, only some older 1s im afraid.

he is booked into the vets on monday so im hoping hes ok.

his shedding has been fine and he's eating well, bright eyes, tasting the air fine, its just that saggyness...

SexyBear77 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 16:43:51
just out of interest, how much does he weigh and what it his body condition? If your'e not sure you could always post a picture of his entire body.
n/a Posted - 09/10/2009 : 16:42:13
thanks,

to be honest i havnt felt it, it goes wehn he moves so its kinda hard to do. i am planning a vet trip i was just so confused, i cant seem to find anything like it x
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 16:40:28
not sure what it could be ? does it feel fluidy? as ina soft tissue swelling or anything like that? have to say i havent seen anything like it before- it may be worth a trip to a local exotics vets just to be checked out.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000