The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Snake stuck to tape.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 08/10/2009 : 19:39:15
Hi peeps I'm a new member having just bought a wee corn snake last week.Came in tonight and seen he had got stuck to some electrical tape just past his head. where it came from im not to sure maybe when I was building the Vivarium.Was stuck big time.

Anyhow you could imagine how I felt-guilty as hell and pretty panicked.I soaked him/her in warm water but it never helped, phoned 2 vets and they couldnt help either! So I searched the net and someone had said olive oil.

Olive oil worked a treat i put some on and put him back in the viv and within 2min he had wriggled it off. So pleased, happy, glad etc etc etc.

So wee bit of info for peeps if its not been posted already.I did try a search and didnt find anything.

Big hello all from a really happy new corn snake owner.

PS he/she got some oil on him/her pretty much down his skin as he wriggling alot.Could anyone tell me if this will do any harm and should i stress him some more by soaking him a more warm water?

Thanks for your time, Peter.

*moved to Health by Kehhlyr because then it wont disappear as quickly, and may be helpful to others.*
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 08/10/2009 : 22:31:15

Phew... I don't mind telling you I actually stopped breathing at some point while reading your post!
Your snake is lucky to have you. Now that he's caused you this little heart attack I hope he'll be willing to settle into a less dramatic routine and no more of the scary stuff from now on!

HannahB Posted - 08/10/2009 : 21:47:51
hey and welcome
glad you managed to unstick little snakey
n/a Posted - 08/10/2009 : 20:04:50
Thanks for your quick reply peeps. He is in hiding at the moment so will post a pic as soon as I can. Cant blame him after all the fuss.

Would you believe that was the first time that I handled him! Had my hand in his viv every night getting him used to me and was hoping for a nice slide onto my hand in his own time lol. Ache never mind.

I have got blue paper towling in his viv so that should get most off. Not been so relieved in many years.
lee2308 Posted - 08/10/2009 : 19:46:01
hi and welcome to the forum,i would just leave it or just wipe any excess oil off and he will be fine.
devilsmistress Posted - 08/10/2009 : 19:43:12
Maybe just let him wiggle through a towel to get the oil off. I know how you feel about the tape, I had a hatchling get masking tape stuck to her, its not fun is it!!
Oh and welcome to the forum, maby a post in the inrtos thread?? Oh and im sure the otheres will back me up but if you want to be a member you HAVE to post some pics of your snake!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000