The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Clicking Scales?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lilpunk Posted - 04/10/2009 : 07:54:30
Every time I handle Dimika, his scales seem to click on his surroundings when I pick him up. It's a bit like when your nail gets caught. Is this normal?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 11/10/2009 : 15:43:06
when i handle my snake his scales click,, think its normal :)
n/a Posted - 06/10/2009 : 20:29:40
Hugo does this too, From my experience its to help them grip. When I worked with snakes in Australia you could tell the difference between ground dwelling snakes and dnakes that liked to climb just by the feel of the scales. The Diamond Python (Neil), who in the wild would spend alot of time in the trees had quite rough scales and was very strong, whereas the water python (Medusa), who would very rarely climb was very smooth and almost floppy. Ahhhh I miss them lol!
HannahB Posted - 05/10/2009 : 12:34:47
i feel Lib's scales on her underside where they meet the side most of the time but in particular when she is coming up to shed..think its normal
Kellog Posted - 05/10/2009 : 10:20:06
Kellog does it all the time, but then he is an adult so maybe it is more likely to happen with him. His belly scales are smooth to the touch but then you can hear and feel them when he grips onto something. xxx
Lilpunk Posted - 05/10/2009 : 08:47:04
Well he's five months, and probably is due a shed now, so I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best ^^ Thanks guys.
n/a Posted - 04/10/2009 : 22:04:30
How have I never noticed this? Not sure uf my guys have never done it or I'm not paying enough attention.(probably the latter if I'm honest)
kizzig Posted - 04/10/2009 : 21:11:34
We've noticed this before shedding too. Feels weird!
n/a Posted - 04/10/2009 : 15:48:24
I've only really noticed this when they're due to shed. I've not noticed it with a newly shed snake!
Lilpunk Posted - 04/10/2009 : 15:43:33
Thanks, I thought it might be a problem shedding last time, as he hasn't shed with me yet, but I'm probably just being an over-protective parent ^^
Kellog Posted - 04/10/2009 : 11:53:04
Kellog sounds like that sometimes, especially when he is climbing up me....I have always assumed it is him getting a grip?? xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000