The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 problems.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 02/10/2009 : 20:19:40
I am posting on behalf of my little brother who had my adult corn off of me as i decided that corns were not for me LOL

here's some back ground:
She's 13/14 years old and as far as i know was used primarily as a bit of a breeding machine, i bought her at the start of may on the agreement that i would not breed her.
She is in a 3x2 glass tank with mesh lid, it has cardboard on 3 sides and a "lip" of cardboard at the bottom of the front.
she has 3 hides (one hot end, one cool end and one middle) a ceramic water bowl which she fits in, a bit of cork bark, a stone, some plastic plants and newspaper substrate 2 sheets thick.
The tank is heated by heatmat under the tank, with about 1/2 a cm between the mat and base of tank. the probe for thermostat is in the tank above the center of the mat underneath the paper.
There are 2 digital thermometers in there, one cool end, one next to the thermostat probe. I have tested the thermostat and the termometers and i know the temps are accurate, warm end hitting 31*c cool end hitting approx 22*c (was up to 26*c during the warmer days).
She was being fed on 2 large mice every 14 days and was healthy when i bought her.
She does not have mites, and defecates/urinates regularly.
I do not recall exactly when i gave her to my brother (who has had experience with corns, but even he is stumped by this), but i estimate it must have been 2 months after i got her, so start of july.
between then and now, she has refused ALL food except from 1 chick a few weeks or so ago. My brother has tried EVERYTHING we can think of between us, with the exception of attemting live food.
Also to top things off, 3 weeks ago, she shed and laid several slugs, then exactly 1 week later shed again and laid about 12 more!
She's really looking very skinny now but has only visably lost weight since she laid the slugs, you can see her spine, i can not weigh her as i do not have any digi scales, i dont even know what weight she was to begin with :/. She used to be very docile and friendly but strikes at anyone who goes near her...except food. she completely ignores food.
She is still very active.
Does anyone have ANY ideas about what could be wrong, what can be done to help etc etc etc...?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 02/10/2009 : 20:27:10
yup twas the first thing i checkedI am pretty sure she has, but then saying that i checked after the first lot and didnt realise there were more to come :/ i definately cano't feel anything now though. I dont have any other corns to compare with, but i have felt my royals and boa since she laid the second lot so have compared how it felt to that and really cant feel anything... do you reckon i should vet it just in case she's eggbound?
matty18714 Posted - 02/10/2009 : 20:22:56
Have you checked to make sure she has passed all the eggs?
n/a Posted - 02/10/2009 : 20:21:00
should also state that since i have had her she hasn't even seen another snake as she has been in quarantine :p

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000