The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Shedding Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 30/09/2009 : 17:01:13
Recently our hatchling Morph looked as if he was about to start shedding, dulling of colours, grey sheen and most of all a deffinate milkyness to his eyes.

However today when we checked on him his eyes were no longer milky, and have returned to his clear shiny black it was before. But he otherwise still looks like he's going to shed.

Is it possible for him to have shed his eye caps first and not have shed the rest of his skin??

We've searched in his viv and we cant find any shed skin, so we don't really know whats going on.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 30/09/2009 : 19:51:30
yeah thats perfectly normal.. he should shed sometime within the next 5-8 days. Don't forget that when he does shed we will want piccies of him looking all sparkly
n/a Posted - 30/09/2009 : 18:51:56
Thankyou so much! we were a bit worried so it's great to know this is normal.
devilsmistress Posted - 30/09/2009 : 17:37:32
The eyes do clear agin, then about 7 to 10 dyas after the snake will shed! He will hide away alot during this time. Dont feed him during this time or handle him as the skin is uncomftable! other than that he should be fine

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000