The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 off food

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 21/09/2009 : 23:31:57
just woundered if anybody out there has problems with corns going off food billy seems to have gone of his he feed ok almost 2 weeks ago and now ive tried him 3 times with his medium mouse and he isnt intrested at all when he had his last feed i just popped him on top ov his viv held mouse in front of him and he went for it straight away i have tried leaving mouse in viv all night and leaving him and mouse in rub overnight but mouse still there in morning think im going to leave it till sat and try again
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 22/09/2009 : 22:11:48
there could be many reasons why he's gone off his food........
stress - from over-handling or his immediate environment
the smell of a female in breeding season
other new snakes in your collection (mine all took a particular dislike to my Japanese rat snake......... and so did i!!)
a new batch of mice or from a different supplier
contamination

the list is endless! but 2 skipped feeds isn't overly concerning.........
n/a Posted - 22/09/2009 : 04:49:55
ive just had the same problem with my youngster and scenting with a chick did the trick for me.
Kellog Posted - 22/09/2009 : 04:19:37
Stay on feeding schedule, dont try feed more regularly if he isnt eating cos that will just stress him. When we first bought Kellog he went into a 13 week fast, so I was offering a mouse every 5 days for all that time, with no interest shown from him at all, until suddenly - strike! Just dont panic and be patient. This lot on the forum kept me sane during those 13 weeks (and saved me from divorce cos think my OH wouldnt have coped if I had worried about Kellog to him as much as I did on here!!) xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000