The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Should I start worrying?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
devilsmistress Posted - 21/09/2009 : 11:03:55
Well Missy is usually a really good feeder but today she has turned her nose up at the fuzz and a pinky? Both brained, slit and butchered!! I have left her in the tub with the pinky and the fuzz, covered it and am going to see if any change in a few hours.
We have noticed that the past week she has been very inactive to? Temps are fine, nothing in the viv has changed either.
We were on holiday and she was being looked after at the breeders. We bought her home gave her a few days and fed her fine, but this time nothing? She normally takes the feed straight off to. I guess there is a chance she is going into shed, but even then she normally takes a feed.
I have read about snakes not eating, so its not to worrying but its the fact she has been really inactive to? any advice?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 22/09/2009 : 04:27:25
Glad she fed Paula...you know I have experienced non-feeding and you do worry even though you know you shouldnt! xxx
devilsmistress Posted - 21/09/2009 : 17:23:19
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

glad she has fed paula! maybe she felt the pinkie was a bit below her standards!

Obviously!!

I think I have figured out what was making her inactive. I done some home made hides from salt and flour. Well a couple of weeks before I went away I painted and varnished them, then left them to air for 2 weeks. Well I put them in when we got back from holiday. When stripping out the viv to put the news paper in I could smell varnish. The hide on the hot end was smelling strongly of it again. (must have been the heat that has caused it. So maybe it was that. I have now taken out both hides and replaced with toilet roll tubes. Im gonna have a look for some new hides and a bigger heatmat for her on amazon.
SexyBear77 Posted - 21/09/2009 : 16:31:17
glad she has fed paula! maybe she felt the pinkie was a bit below her standards!
devilsmistress Posted - 21/09/2009 : 14:03:57
she has taken the fuzzy, so I have binned the pinky! so in answer to my own qusetion No im not going to worry lol. Ill see how she is active wise after she has digested though
devilsmistress Posted - 21/09/2009 : 12:10:57
Well what I have done as when missy gets annoyed she starts head butting! Shae started doing this in the feeding tank so I have taken out the substrte and put newspaper in her viv. I have put her back in and the mice. Pulled the curtins in the room and going to leave her see what happens. If not, then ill try her again next week
n/a Posted - 21/09/2009 : 11:52:20
my billy and bella are excatly the same at the min not eating but they can go for ages without feeding think as long as there is fresh water down they should be ok im going to leave mine till weekend and try again

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000