The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Going for a dip

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
inkiepixie Posted - 18/09/2009 : 12:43:10
Is there too young an age for a snake to have a bath?!

Not that I plan on chucking her in just for a laugh, like, but if Luna needed a bath perhaps to help her shed, is there is minimum age or size?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 22/09/2009 : 04:31:25
quote:
Originally posted by sioux

I've never tried Sparky in the bath but i've seen how well snakes can swim down at our local lake.
my OH goes carp fishing. its a perfect enviroment for snakes there and we very often see grasssnakes swimming past.
once we saw one swimming along with its head up and it was carrying a a small perch in its mouth - wish i'd had my camera to get a shot of that one!!

Somewhere in the 'not corn snake' part is a topic BTD started with pics of the slow worms in his garden. I added an amazing pic my OH got of a grass snake in a pond, the position it was in meant you could even see the belly scales under the water! xxx
inkiepixie Posted - 21/09/2009 : 10:53:40
I really would love it if Luna likes to swim. It really does stress Bella out though so I won't be doing it with her again though unless it's really necessary (bad shed etc.).
n/a Posted - 20/09/2009 : 15:12:21
I've never tried Sparky in the bath but i've seen how well snakes can swim down at our local lake.
my OH goes carp fishing. its a perfect enviroment for snakes there and we very often see grasssnakes swimming past.
once we saw one swimming along with its head up and it was carrying a a small perch in its mouth - wish i'd had my camera to get a shot of that one!!
Kellog Posted - 20/09/2009 : 05:19:53
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

I like bathing my snakes, its a lovely movement to watch.

I think there is a pic of Kellog swimming in the bath in his photo topic, he looks just like a grass snake I have seen swimming in the wild. xxx
HannahB Posted - 20/09/2009 : 01:48:38
when i had to bathe edison to sort his retained tail shed out he didnt quite understand straight away what he was supposed to do and it was only about 1.5-2cm deep but he still managed to sink to the bottom and stay still - i ended up scooping his head up so he could breathe lol
gotta admit it is cool seeing how they manage to move through the water considering they have no fins or legs or anything to help them
n/a Posted - 20/09/2009 : 01:11:00
i havnt tried it yet but will do soon
n/a Posted - 20/09/2009 : 01:01:59
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

I agree they look so graceful swimming aroung in the tub
SexyBear77 Posted - 19/09/2009 : 20:12:27
n/a Posted - 19/09/2009 : 03:03:48
we give all ours a bath please keep an on it just like u would a baby they can be very good escape artists u neva no wat trouble they goin to get into, we only leave ours for about 10 mins a time in the tub maybe once or twice a week, depending on wether they made a mess of their house give them just enough water to swim in but not too much they dont know wat to do with

erm can ya guess ive had a couple of drinks oops
inkiepixie Posted - 18/09/2009 : 20:35:30
Cool, thanks :) Hope she likes it; Bella is bloody terrified of water, but Luna at least doesn't freak out if her tail goes in her water bowl by mistake...
lee2308 Posted - 18/09/2009 : 18:32:43
just make sure the overflow hole is blocked
Remmy Posted - 18/09/2009 : 18:31:15
No minimum size or age, snakes are good swimmers and make sure the temps are ok
gingerpony Posted - 18/09/2009 : 13:26:45
no there's no minimum size, just make sure the size of the tub and the depth of the water is appropriate for the size of the snake

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000